Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new review; not horrible.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyPal View Post
    While it might be better for new Mirages to be priced a bit cheaper than their competition, I don't think three-four thousand less is warranted. I think the Mirage is a better car than that.
    I disagree. Other than the Chevy Spark or base Versa maybe, the Mirage should be $3000+ less than anything else sold in the US. If it's within a couple thousand of everything else, it deserves some serious criticism. I really like the Mirage, but I would not pay a lot for one!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    A big problem with the car's price, is that at the price point most of them are new, they have to compete with certified used cars, many of which may be much nicer or enjoyable to drive cars. Yeah the mirage is reliable, but so is a two year old corolla.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Actually our used 2015 Mirage was competing with two things:
    -- Keeping our 2006 Scion XA and not getting a different vehicle, or
    -- Getting a used 2009-20012 used AWD/4WD car with better ground clearance than the Scion (for better winter travel ability on our not always snow-plowed gravel road), and not terrible mileage for a car that age and type.

The Mirage actually has slightly better ground clearance than the Scion and better fuel economy of course...and looks like new. The better winter travel strategy plan now is to have the 4WD pickup in better repair going into next winter...unless we replace it with a better used truck before the snow flies again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 43.0 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.7 mpg (Imp)