Thread: Mitsubishi powered McLaren F1 Hillclimb Car

Country
    Austria
    Thanks

Mitsubishi powered McLaren F1 Hillclimb Car

Just when i thought i had seen everything.

Copy from the video description:

The target of tremendous interest from all the HillClimb Racing community in the beginning of this Season,
    this is the new Monster driven by Marek Rybnicek, a McLaren F1 GT powered by a 600Hp/9.500Rpm 1.7L 4G63
    Turbocharged Engine. And was possible to see it in action last weekend at Rechberg in Austria, conquering
    a victory among the E2-Sh Class while being the third Fastest Touring Car present at the event. In what
    was pretty much its competitive debut...

So right now everyone should totally confused about this strange creation. So letīs clarify a few things.
    The only thing McLaren F1 about it is the outer shell. It is such a different machine from the original in fact,
    that even the official nomenclature for it is McF1 Evo, due to trademark issues. Said shell is built by
    DDR Motorsport from Florida ( the company calls this kind of shell Grullon GT) while the creation/construction
    of the whole car was performed by KOMVET Racing, who both maintains and owns this very unit.
    The chassis beneath comes from a Norma M20FC prototype, bringing with it the 1.7L 4G63 Mitsubishi Engine
    producing around 600Hp/9.500Rpm.

It uses a Sadev SLR82, 6 Speed Sequential racing transaxle Gearbox with paddle shift to transmit the power
    to the Rear Wheels. As is the case with the actual McLaren F1 curiously, it features central driving position
    and all this combined with the total weight of 710Kg we end up with a tremendous Monster that will
    certainly threaten various records as it continues its evolution...

For all asking why the 1.7L de-stroked engine, it has to do with regulations as this ways it is classified
    as a car under 3000cc ( 1.7L and turbo wich acts as a multiplier). This way, the regulations allow this
    machine to have a minimum weight of 700Kg .

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Interceptor For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (05-03-2019),dspace9 (05-03-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's super dope. McLaren's are amazing, and really they have at least one thing in common with the Mirage: super light weight.

I think the original McLaren F1 weighed like 1100 kgs, ridiculously light a la Lotus's, and had the highest HP per KG for a long time, maybe even still.

Amazing car. Literally from the sounds of it, I think that's the same motor as in the WRC Mirage R5. So our Mirage has some connection the McLaren, awesome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)