Thread: Does anyone know if the wheel alignment specs are the same for 2015 and 2017?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Does anyone know if the wheel alignment specs are the same for 2015 and 2017?

Yesterday, I hit a rather large pothole that nearly shook all of my tooth fillings loose. I noticed a slight vibration immediately afterwards. I also noticed that the steering wheel is no longer centered. It is now angled slightly to the left when traveling straight forward. I am not sure if the wheel could be bent, but there is now a large bubble on the sidewall of my Dunlop tire. I'll be ordering a new tire tomorrow from SamsClub. Hopefully, I won't also need a wheel. At least MitsubishiPartsNow.com has the wheel for a decent price of $269.81.

I went for lifetime wheel alignment today at Pep Boys (there is a current special for $149.99 with coupon), but they were unable to perform the alignment. It seems that they do not have my cars year (2017) in their wheel alignment computer. It only goes up to 2015. If the specs have not changed since 2015, they can use the 2015 settings to do the alignment on my car. Does anyone have that information or know where I can find it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    Yesterday, I hit a rather large pothole that nearly shook all of my tooth fillings loose. I noticed a slight vibration immediately afterwards. I also noticed that the steering wheel is no longer centered. It is now angled slightly to the left when traveling straight forward. I am not sure if the wheel could be bent, but there is now a large bubble on the sidewall of my Dunlop tire. I'll be ordering a new tire tomorrow from SamsClub. Hopefully, I won't also need a wheel. At least MitsubishiPartsNow.com has the wheel for a decent price of $269.81.

I went for lifetime wheel alignment today at Pep Boys (there is a current special for $149.99 with coupon), but they were unable to perform the alignment. It seems that they do not have my cars year (2017) in their wheel alignment computer. It only goes up to 2015. If the specs have not changed since 2015, they can use the 2015 settings to do the alignment on my car. Does anyone have that information or know where I can find it?
    The specs are the same.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageSEFan (05-03-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    It seems that they do not have my cars year (2017) in their wheel alignment computer. It only goes up to 2015.
    Isn't that strange. I hit a giant pot hole myself in my Mirage this past winter. I was driving out of town then suddenly boom there I went into a pothole, more like the road has a piece right off it.

You can miss things with the low seats in the Mirage, and the winter weather doesn't help.

Sorry about what happened, with my pothole incident thankfully my alignment seems ok, this time anyways.
    Last edited by dspace9; 05-03-2019 at 11:10 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The specs are the same.
    Great! Thank you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Isn't that strange. I hit a giant pot hole myself in my Mirage this past winter. I was driving out of town then suddenly boom there I went into a pothole, more like the road has a piece right off it.

You can miss things with the low seats in the Mirage, and the winter weather doesn't help.

Sorry about what happened, with my pothole incident thankfully my alignment seems ok, this time anyways.
    Thank you. I'm glad you did not have any damage. I don't remember the roads being this bad when I was younger. Whenever they patched potholes back then, they used a small steamroller. Now they just pat it down on top with the bottom of a shovel and call it a day.

It's really a shame that I have to replace a tire with only 5,000 miles of use. I guess it could have been a lot worse, though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageSEFan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-04-2019)