Thread: Used Enasave on eBay for $60

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

Used Enasave on eBay for $60

OK...don't frigging beat me up and tell me that you can buy a new 165-65-14 tire at Wal-Mart for $50!

If you have an otherwise nice set of Enasaves and you end up in a jam needing a single tire, this may be a good way out...

LINK TO AD

It still has some nubs on it so it can't be that old. I just stumbled into a similar situation on eBay. Someone had a single tire of the exact size and brand I currently use. This tire had less than 5,000 miles on it and I got it for $40 shipped (it's a $120 tire). So for about the cost of a tire patch, I have a fresh almost-new tire if I ever get in a jam.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    OK...don't frigging beat me up and tell me that you can buy a new 165-65-14 tire at Wal-Mart for $50!

If you have an otherwise nice set of Enasaves and you end up in a jam needing a single tire, this may be a good way out...

It still has some nubs on it so it can't be that old. I just stumbled into a similar situation on eBay. Someone had a single tire of the exact size and brand I currently use. This tire had less than 5,000 miles on it and I got it for $40 shipped (it's a $120 tire). So for about the cost of a tire patch, I have a fresh almost-new tire if I ever get in a jam.
    I have a single Dunlop Enasave sitting in my garage. When I lost a Enasave to a sidewall blow out @ 15,000 miles, I replaced a pair of tires instead of just one tire or all four. In a pinch, the odds of finding a 165/65-14 tire in my county are slim to none. I may or may not ever use the spare Enasave, but it's only costing me some space in my garage.

I wouldn't pay $120 for any Mirage tire, but a slightly used $120 tire for $40 makes sense.