Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: drop racing

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    emailed with the ebay seller that eibach pro kit will be delay until march 2014.. ahhh..but he can bring the H&R kits too

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The problem with these springs are that there generic. There in no way made for the car but more or less just happen to fit and ended up lower then stock. The spring rate was never optimized or tested. It's really just a toss up if there better or worse then stock. The only thing you can really put your money on is that they'll more then likely lower the car as advertised but after that its just a roll of the dice. It would be nice to know the spring rate for the front and back springs and what alloy thermade of. The proper alloy can make or break a spring and being as there a no name spring the alloy could be questionible. Does it mean these springs are crap? No it does not, but keep in mind the odds are against you getting more then your money's worth in the purchase.

As an added note... Tien S-Techs always seem to favor style and lack performance and I've had issues with them on one of my Evo's but the H-Techs I was running on my OZ-Lancer were amazing and the one-piece coilovers weren't too bad either. I've owned 4 sets of eibachs and have never had any regrets. Ive tracked a few evos with H&R springs and they did rather well and haven't ever heard anything negative about them. But really you got to try them all just too see what's gonna end up being the best. All the companies make there own judgement calls were they feel the spring rates should be and one could be closer to the goal then anouther and you just don't know till you give them a try. I almost wish you could pick your own spring rates like you can with an aftermarket coilover setups. :P
    Last edited by live4redline; 11-22-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

3. The Following User Says Thank You to live4redline For This Useful Post:

CheezyWedges (11-23-2013)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    The problem with these springs are that there generic. There in no way made for the car but more or less just happen to fit and ended up lower then stock. The spring rate was never optimized or tested. It's really just a toss up if there better or worse then stock. The only thing you can really put your money on is that they'll more then likely lower the car as advertised but after that its just a roll of the dice. It would be nice to know the spring rate for the front and back springs and what alloy thermade of. The proper alloy can make or break a spring and being as there a no name spring the alloy could be questionible. Does it mean these springs are crap? No it does not, but keep in mind the odds are against you getting more then your money's worth in the purchase.

As an added note... Tien S-Techs always seem to favor style and lack performance and I've had issues with them on one of my Evo's but the H-Techs I was running on my OZ-Lancer were amazing and the one-piece coilovers weren't too bad either. I've owned 4 sets of eibachs and have never had any regrets. Ive tracked a few evos with H&R springs and they did rather well and haven't ever heard anything negative about them. But really you got to try them all just too see what's gonna end up being the best. All the companies make there own judgement calls were they feel the spring rates should be and one could be closer to the goal then anouther and you just don't know till you give them a try. I almost wish you could pick your own spring rates like you can with an aftermarket coilover setups. :P

yeah good testimonial..

NextGenTuning.com NextGenTuning's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    from a personal past experience with Drop as well as friends...they aren't the greatest. One friend's set even broke. Keep in mind...you get what you pay for in the automotive community. On average good springs usually go for $150-200.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also, I can get many other brands other than Ultra Racing. We carry many different products, just may not be up on the site. I'm actually trying to find part numbers for H&R, Tein, etc.. If anyone ca help with that, it'd be appreciated.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGenTuning View Post
    Also, I can get many other brands other than Ultra Racing. We carry many different products, just may not be up on the site. I'm actually trying to find part numbers for H&R, Tein, etc.. If anyone ca help with that, it'd be appreciated.
    admin already stick the part number on top of the thread.. anyway, i wont recommend Tein High tech unless for city driving or for daily chill time.. S tech better. so far the best i can see is Eibach. im not pro in this btw.

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    from a personal past experience with Drop as well as friends...they aren't the greatest. One friend's set even broke. Keep in mind...you get what you pay for in the automotive community. On average good springs usually go for $150-200.
    i got quoted for Euro 108 for H&R. is it good bro?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    We have a parts index in each sub-forum. Here is a link to the suspension parts index:

Suspension & brake aftermarket parts index

To make it easy on ya these are the part numbers we have collected so far:

Eibach Pro Kit Springs E10-60-017-01-22
    H&R Sport Springs 28831-1
    Tein Coilover Kit GSE46-11AS2
    Tein Drop Spring Kit SKE46-G1B00
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    We have a parts index in each sub-forum. Here is a link to the suspension parts index:

Suspension & brake aftermarket parts index

To make it easy on ya these are the part numbers we have collected so far:

Eibach Pro Kit Springs E10-60-017-01-22
    H&R Sport Springs 28831-1
    Tein Coilover Kit GSE46-11AS2
    Tein Drop Spring Kit SKE46-G1B00
    Thanks Tim. I'll do some research on what I can find out on pricing and let you all know ASAP.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Tim. I'll do some research on what I can find out on pricing and let you all know ASAP.
    Any news on pricing?

-Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)