Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruise Control Question

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Your Mitsubishi isnt dead article. I enjoyed the read.
    https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM is the Cleveland tourist post I was referring to.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Your Mitsubishi isnt dead article. I enjoyed the read.
    https://youtu.be/oZzgAjjuqZM is the Cleveland tourist post I was referring to.
    Oh, those.

You know that video is nothing official, but from an amateur, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I thought it established Clevelanders as having a great sense of humor. I had no idea a lake could catch on fire? Atlanta isnt a picnic either, far from it. Our summers are 6 months long and the humidity makes you feel like your in a Vietnam war flick! I just hope my AC can hold up.

I know someone here has a rostra kit, maybe stevedmc?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I thought it established Clevelanders as having a great sense of humor. I had no idea a lake could catch on fire? Atlanta isnt a picnic either, far from it. Our summers are 6 months long and the humidity makes you feel like your in a Vietnam war flick! I just hope my AC can hold up.
    A few points worth considering:

1. That video turned ten years old on April 30th, but the sentiment remains.

2. I never thought I would have to explain this, but here goes. It was the Cuyahoga River that caught fire, not the lake, as stated in the video. Industrial waste dumped in the river collected to such an extent that when the film caught fire, it was very difficult to extinguish. There were several known incidents of fire on the river, but the one in 1969 has gotten most of the attention. Eventually, folks realized that it was a source of drinking water that was being polluted and steps were taken to clean it up. Those who think the EPA is useless would do well to study this more closely, especially when enjoying a glass of clean water.

3. Cleveland was once the nation's fifth largest city. The Great Depression hit the city hard, and it has been on a long, slow decline ever since. It helps to have a sense of humor about it all. We got some pretty good healthcare though.

Fun reading:
    Wikipedia: Cleveland and Cuyahoga River
    Time: The Burning River That Sparked a Revolution

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It'll make a comeback, you just need more money flushed hipsters to move in and gentrify everything like theyre doing in Atlanta.