Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any police pulling you over interactions? Stream of consciousness thread say anything

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i think i got pulled over twice...first time is when the cops are doing random check and thought i was driving a heavily modified car due to my mods and then we all laughed after they knew it was a 3cylinder 74hp engine...second one when i was overspeeding...i just informed the cop that pulled me over that i might contacted a scabies after my patient visit and i couldnt stopped scratching and he should do some contact precaution before touching my license and registration...good thing i didnt get a ticket after that...lol!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Random checks? That common in LA? Its such a huge town, I figured it was easy to slip between the cracks. Here in Atlanta madness rules the roads. Police are woefully understaffed, flying down 285 bypass at 90mph with impunity is the norm. The rawdoggin on the roads is unbelievable. No turn signals, going 30 over or 10 below the speed limit seems to be the only two driving options. Atlanta aka Y'allywood, is basically a southern LA as far as traffic and ****ty highways goes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk I bet you talked to the cop about jatco cvt longevity dodnt you!!! He was probably begging to let you go after 10min of that!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-08-2019),Scratchpaddy (05-09-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Lol! First thing I did was pull over on a tight shoulder by the hwy, then proceeded to blare my gangsta rap music, with a 9mm tucked in my waaaay to low jeans, get out the car pimp slammin my Mirage tinny door. "What da f*** you want pig?!" I yell. Only after he tases me and sprinkles crac dust on me will I inquire about the longevity of CVT7 Jatco.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Pryme (05-09-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Next time I get pulled over I'll just simply roll my window diwn and say I have AIDS. And then just gently roll away.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Random checks? That common in LA?.
    i think there was a time when cops are required to have a quota on how many tickets they can issue on LA county couple of years ago..what they told me is they ran my plates and my car was used in a crime in colorado and some of the mods they are talking which doesnt make sense...its either that or they are just randomly stopping cars for public safety...my car used to be a rental car from hertz so i don't know if its true or not...
    Last edited by flip096; 05-08-2019 at 11:55 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    wtf? Hertz sold you a car used in a crime and wanted by the police? Smells like a payday law suit to me!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    thats why i told you that i didnt know if its true or not...theres nothing on the car history that stated that it was used in any crime...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been pulled over twice, years apart in different cars and different states. The first time was in the Atlanta area, coming home late from college. I was terrified (19 years old and never been pulled over before), trying to figure out what the heck I did wrong. After sitting there for five minutes in the flashing blue and reds, the officer finally comes around and tells me my tag light is burned out. You know, that little light that lights up the license plate at night. The cop was a jerk, but he only wrote me a warning in the end.

Years later, I'm driving back from visiting family in Oregon in a different car. It's near midnight on New Year's Eve, so the police are out in force looking for drunks. I get pulled over just outside Kingman, Arizona. The officer is super nice, asks where I'm headed, pets the dogs in the back, etc. Then, he tells my my tag light's out. Since I obviously wasn't a car thief, he sends me on my way again without even an official warning.

So, check your lights, all of them. They do need a reason to pull you over, and that stupid bulb gives them a great excuse to stop you and check for other things they don't like.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

Pryme (05-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    It might be helpful to understand that law enforcement has a tendency to look for people who habitually ignore the law. Little violations can catch known wanted criminals with warrants issued against them.

So don't draw attention to yourself. Keep up with your vehicle maintenance, stop at stops and don't speed. Be a law-abiding citizen and your chances of getting pulled over will be greatly reduced.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

timw4mail (05-09-2019)