Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
That's a pretty bike. You'll have to tell more about it. Looks like a Brooks B-17 and I admire the downtube shifters. Those brakes are not stock?
Ah, so you're a bike guy, too? I actually have five bikes, and the Fuji is the only one without drop bars. It's a 1984 Del Rey I bought on Craigslist for $90. It needed a lot of fixing up, but it's something I enjoy doing.

You're right, the saddle is a Brooks B17. The downtube shifters are the stock SunTour Power Shift units, which are the nicest friction shifters I've ever used. The handlebars are Velo Orange Milan. And no, the brakes are not stock. The original Dia-Compe calipers weren't enough for me, especially with the shorter brake levers on the new bars, so I upgraded to modern Tektro dual-pivot calipers. It stops on a dime now.

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
For sure, everyone's situation is unique, and different. For my life, my Mirage is my commuter car, a 10 mile commute each way to work. I'm in Canada, too. And real estate prices in my town, compared to where I work, makes the commute basically necessary.

Talking about the loudness of the Mirage, the Mirage is a loud car. Not if you're being super gentle it idles actually quiet, but revving it, wow look out. Vroom! One of my coworkers thought the car is a diesel.

On the musical side of things, I'm a 24/7 music person, so not sure if my Mirage's stereo has actually ever been off lol.
My area is crazy expensive compared to where I used to live (Georgia), but it's cheap compared to California. I live in an apartment, but most of the houses nearby are $500k and up.

It's true, the Mirage's three cylinder is hardly the smoothest engine out there, but I'll put up with a lot of vibration if it means 50mpg.

I do enjoy music, but only in an otherwise quiet room. I like long walks with the dogs in silence, or long quiet bike rides. My favorite button in the Mirage is the one that turns the radio screen off.