Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirage develops scenic duck pond on rear floor in the rain

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've definitely determined that the water is NOT coming from the exterior of the car, but from the AC. And this time the water was also on the front passenger floor. A cursory inspection shows a clear plastic hose coming out from under the glove box and disappearing in the nether regions behind the interior trim. It also appears to be full of a clear fluid.
    So I guess that has to be my AC drain, right? I mean, what bonehead car company runs that through the passenger compartment? Anyway, I may just be blind but I can't see where that hose comes out under the car. I should be able to clear it out myself with a stick or a pen or, in the extreme case, with an air compressor, but I can't find the outlet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No, the hose you found is the rear wiper fluid line Fummins mentioned. The hose you're looking for is solid black, and it comes out on the left side of the passenger footwell:
    Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
    It's not really anything to "fix" -- just something to watch. I might put a zip tie or a hose clamp on it if comes off again. It slipped back on really easily and is looser than I expected.

It is on the bottom of the A/C evaporator unit behind the glovebox. There's a little spout on that triangular piece the juts out on the bottom.

Here is a general shot of the area so you can get an idea of where I'm talking about:

And a close-up of the hose itself:
    Heads up: A/C condensation drain comes loose easily

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    Yeah...what Scratchpaddy said.

Be sure to read POST 15 in that thread...

I had the same problem...passenger side floor was wet, even the back seat floor had an inch or so of standing water.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

81.Chevette (06-21-2019),MetroMPG (06-20-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I read that post, but I thought I was looking at the right hand side in the picture. I'll check the left hand side now.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have the same issue on my 15 es. It rained hard yesterday while i was at home and sure enough water in the rear and now in the front passenger floor board. HELP!

I found water dripping in our Optima from the glove box when it was raining hard while parked. That'll smell good after a while. Could be from the wiper cowl where the fresh air intake is for the heater? You know, the place where you pee on people's cars that you don't like. Or maybe that's just me.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    😂😂😂 I’ll check that out as well. But it first started showing up in the rear passenger side floorboard so that is the puzzling part for me. I’ll be taking a hose to her in a few days and maybe I’ll find something out. Will keep everyone posted.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke92 View Post
    ������ I’ll check that out as well. But it first started showing up in the rear passenger side floorboard so that is the puzzling part for me. I’ll be taking a hose to her in a few days and maybe I’ll find something out. Will keep everyone posted.
    Have you checked the A/C drain hose? I would do that first, since it's so easy to get to. Rain means humidity, which means lots of condensation to drain through that hose.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have not yet, I will do that and keep you guys posted.

Country
    Portugal
    Thanks
    Hi, same problem here.
    I found out today that my car has a lot of water on the rear floor. Has anyone found a solution for this?