Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strickly for my 2014/2015 Mirage owners meeting attendance appreciated

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Strickly for my 2014/2015 Mirage owners meeting attendance appreciated

Here's a question for my 2014/2015 Mirage owners. What are the advantages of having our age range of vehicle? Ive read alot on here and on Youtube of 2017 models and up speaking of the things like the ride is more refined, the brakes are better, less noise at idle, better sound dampening, better steering etc. etc. etc. and I get that. Models get more improved upon over the years. But I wonder......is there anything that they left behind. Is there any design features of the 14 and 15s that are actually better? I, for one, feel the toy like front grille design of the pre facelift era had more charm. Less like everything else on the road and more a toy to find in a Japanese kid's cigar box. Your thoughts, exaltations, caveats, indictments?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I definitely like the simpler styling of the pre-2017 cars.

Upgrading suspension and brakes to the newer spec isn't that hard. Even upgrading to a newer engine isn't a huge deal, and can be done for $5-600 with a used engine. (not that I'd know anything about that)

I think the newer cars also had better seats and steering wheel.

They really didn't change THAT much on the car, though. Still basically the same car from 2012-present.
    Simplify and add lightness.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-12-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Color selection was better too for 14 &15s. No more kiwi green or plasma purples? Too many adult colors now IMO. If only they had made aquamarine, turquoise, and gold dust.......

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Your AC holding up good in Florida? I figured between FL and TX, those compressors are going to face the hardest test.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I, for one, feel the toy like front grille design of the pre facelift era had more charm
    I agree about the front grill on my 2014 being a better look than the new grill. 2014s and 15s, it's more mini-EVO than "pretend upscale" with the chrome. I actually thought the whole grill looked almost custom when I got my Mirage the first day (after waiting 3 weeks to order).

The Mirage looks way more Japanese style by not having all the chrome. Like what my friend said, when I bought my Mirage new, that is what makes my Mirage look so different from say any Chevy Cruise. My Mirage looked almost blacked out stock. No decoration chrome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Your car looks cool. Like it could of been in the car chase scenes from the film Ronin.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Like it could of been in the car chase scenes from the film Ronin.
    Have you seen the movie Drive, with Ryan Gosling? The car chase at the start is amazing, and the premise of the movie is good--stunt driver for Hollywood movies by day, heist driver for hire by night.

The main guy from Breaking Bad is in it, he runs the shop customizing the most ubiquitous cars for nighttime robberies.. and Carey Mulligan is the love interest. Great story and good car chases.

Sorry there are a few gruesome scenes, but the story is a good one and the music too.
    Last edited by dspace9; 05-12-2019 at 05:45 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It had some cool car scenes, but was a little over board with the art house slow dialogue and Ryan Gosling spewing out his lines in his usual stone face style. Sorry, Ive been a stage actor (barely paid) for years Im a lil more critical than most. Lol. Check out Robert De Niro in Ronin if you want to see the last of the non CGI great car chase scenes. I promise you'll dig it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your AC holding up good in Florida? I figured between FL and TX, those compressors are going to face the hardest test.
    No problems with my AC. Really, no problems with the car at all that weren't driver-induced.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It had some cool car scenes, but was a little over board with the art house slow dialogue and Ryan Gosling spewing out his lines in his usual stone face style. Sorry, Ive been a stage actor (barely paid) for years Im a lil more critical than most. Lol. Check out Robert De Niro in Ronin if you want to see the last of the non CGI great car chase scenes. I promise you'll dig it!
    Thanks, I will take your advice. I'm sure I'll dig it. I even put a note on my corkboard to see Ronin, and I will get to it. I saw lots of classics in high school. I missed some of the classics, and it's even harder now without rental stores. I rented A LOT of movies in my day.

The movie Drive is kinda ridiculous, you are right. Same with its sister movie, Only God Forgives. That movie is even more gruesome, but they shoot it in Thailand and the neon Hong Kong style lights and the night scenes are just incredible. Not much to the characters again, but I say unique movies. Not the soul of Robert De Niro, but this is the age of Keanu Reeves.