Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stock Dunlops=never again

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    I had trouble finding 14" tires in Nova Scotia as well... cheapest I could find locally were well over $120 a pop, which is crazy for such a small tire, and they were special order ins.

I got my tires from Quattro tires after my Enasaves wear bars appeared.

https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/k...olus-ha31/3996

Shipping was free and quick. Far cheaper for the exact same tire than anything I could find locally in Nova Scotia.

Quattro is based in Quebec.
    Did you look at 175 65 r14?

Quote Originally Posted by javensbukan View Post
    I had trouble finding 14" tires in Nova Scotia as well... cheapest I could find locally were well over $120 a pop, which is crazy for such a small tire, and they were special order ins.

I got my tires from Quattro tires after my Enasaves wear bars appeared.

https://www.quattrotires.com/tires/k...olus-ha31/3996

Shipping was free and quick. Far cheaper for the exact same tire than anything I could find locally in Nova Scotia.

Quattro is based in Quebec.
    I've bought from them a few times. Way cheaper than buying local. PCM tire is another one with cheap or free shipping.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No I didn't! But probably should have

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I feel bad because it seems like I only log on here to bash the factory tires, but they are making it hard not to bash them. So last fall when I swapped out the all seasons for winter tires, it was dark and cold, and I was too hurried to notice this. Went to swap them back on yesterday, and found this tire flat. Looked closer, and it seems to have developed a bulge on the actual tread! I'm amazed it didn't pop when I was driving on it last fall.

Name:  IMG_20200330_134324379.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  IMG_20200330_134314717.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  97.8 KB

So that's now 3 of 4 Dunlops that have failed. This one was well worn, but still, this tendency to develop bulges is scary.

Funds are a bit low, so looks like I'll be going with another Westlake for now. Up to $40 on Amazon, but they've worked pretty well so far and I'd prefer to have matching tires.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Good to the hear the Westlake tires are working out for you. Apparently, you like them enough to buy another pair.

The tire you just shared was beyond worn in my opinion. I'm glad it had a bulge, because it's time for new treads. A tire that worn isn't safe for anyone, including those around you on the road.
    Last edited by Mark; 04-02-2020 at 04:42 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The tire you just shared was beyond worn in my opinion.
    Yeah...that tire is absolutely toast! The good news is that it looks like it has worn fairly evenly.

How many miles are on that tire? If you tell us 50,000...I'd say they did really well. If you say 15,000...then I would join in on bashing them.

Name:  toast.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  89.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Good to the hear the Westlake tires are working out for you. Apparently, you like them enough to buy another pair.

The tire you just shared was beyond worn in my opinion. I'm glad it had a bulge, because it's time for new treads. A tire that worn isn't safe for anyone, including those around you on the road.

I agree, my friend, it was time to replace it regardless, and I was going to, but you're only seeing the part that bulged and wore very badly/unevenly. The other side (or nearly 3/4 of the tire) is much better, not quite down to the wear bars.

Just wanted to report that I had another bulge on these things, and I believe they aren't a very safe tire at any amount of wear.
    Last edited by emki; 04-04-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I totally agree. Im switching to $30 walmart 175 65 R14 as soon as my Firestones start crapping out. I dont have a choice because Mitsubishi wont warranty work my back axle.
    I'm having the same problem with my back axle we need to fight mitsubishi about this

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thegrimpeeper View Post
    I'm having the same problem with my back axle we need to fight mitsubishi about this
    Dont get me started on Mitsu not honoring warranty work lol. Theyre good little cars but Mitsu dealerships are terrible IMO. Ive only dealt with 2 though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Dont get me started on Mitsu not honoring warranty work lol. Theyre good little cars but Mitsu dealerships are terrible IMO. Ive only dealt with 2 though.

I’ve only been to two dealerships as well, I’m trying to find one that isn’t terrible in the service department