Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A consensus on the range of personality types that own Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm 33. Do all sorts of different stuff like Screwber/Lyft/Mystery shops/work on cars/landlord/etc. Favorite movie that I ever purchased is a Japanese OVA called "My Dear Marie" although I haven't watched it in many years (should change that).

As for the Mirage, I live in craphole Illinois and we use a lot of garbage rust rocks here that eats up cars so I put a lot of stuff away for the winter. So I was going to buy a Toyota Yaris hatchback but Toyota decided to discontinue them (and I won't buy a Mazduh) so enter the Mirage. It was cheap, has a good warranty, was comfortable for my garbage back and legs, came with a manual that didn't hurt me to shift, and gets good gas mileage. I plan on running the thing into the ground until it falls apart.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    How have your rideshare customers liked riding in your Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They don't. The Mirage gets used for personal use.

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE that I bought secondhand that gets used specifically for tax deduction type stuff... ride share, mystery shopping, volunteering for the shiba rescue that I do stuff for, and so forth.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla LE that I bought secondhand that gets used specifically for tax deduction type stuff... ride share, mystery shopping, volunteering for the shiba rescue that I do stuff for, and so forth.
    You tried it though? And they didnt like the Mirage?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I'm 33. Do all sorts of different stuff like Screwber/Lyft/Mystery shops/work on cars/landlord/etc. Favorite movie that I ever purchased is a Japanese OVA called "My Dear Marie" although I haven't watched it in many years (should change that).

As for the Mirage, I live in craphole Illinois and we use a lot of garbage rust rocks here that eats up cars so I put a lot of stuff away for the winter. So I was going to buy a Toyota Yaris hatchback but Toyota decided to discontinue them (and I won't buy a Mazduh) so enter the Mirage. It was cheap, has a good warranty, was comfortable for my garbage back and legs, came with a manual that didn't hurt me to shift, and gets good gas mileage. I plan on running the thing into the ground until it falls apart.
    Is Chicago as dangerous as the news reports?

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Same here. 23 years old, Mirage for personal and daily, Corolla for work.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    You ever consider the Mirage for ride share? Will uber even allow it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen Mirages out there working hard. I don't want to drive a stick in crapcago especially for 10 hours a day. Plus I mostly stick to taking people home from the airport who usually have luggage so the Mirage hatchback isn't a good choice for that. My Yaris hatchback I used before was larger and still struggled with big suitcases. So that's one of the reasons I switched to the Corolla for taxi duty.

As for people not liking it, I'll be the first to tell them to piss off and get out then hahahaha. I could care less about how the passengers like or dislike my vehicle. It's clean, well kept, and the AC works great.

As for ****cago, yes there are a lot of very dangerous places you don't want to go. That's why I stick with taking people home from O'Hare.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I've seen Mirages out there working hard. I don't want to drive a stick in crapcago especially for 10 hours a day. Plus I mostly stick to taking people home from the airport who usually have luggage so the Mirage hatchback isn't a good choice for that. My Yaris hatchback I used before was larger and still struggled with big suitcases. So that's one of the reasons I switched to the Corolla for taxi duty.

As for people not liking it, I'll be the first to tell them to piss off and get out then hahahaha. I could care less about how the passengers like or dislike my vehicle. It's clean, well kept, and the AC works great.

As for ****cago, yes there are a lot of very dangerous places you don't want to go. That's why I stick with taking people home from O'Hare.
    Yeah I think Uber Eats might be better option with the Mirage. Regular Uber would be more profitable Ive heard.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thatd be hilarious driving uber on the south side of Chicago trying to load 5 Gangsta Disciples in a Mirage hatch lolol. Im sure theyd love to hear about the mpg!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-16-2019)