Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First shot fired in the Great Mirage/Spark Wars

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ratings-2.html
    Give em both barrels the smug *******s lol

I actually own a 2007 Fit. It has 212k miles on the odometer, still gets 36 mpg. Have only replaced headlight bulbs, rotors/pads and 1 fuel pump. Doesn't leak ANYTHING. I keep waiting for something to happen so I can get a Mirage, but the ol' girl just won't break. Your mileage/experience may vary....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (05-13-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Not knocking the Fit. Its a quality machine. We're just having a lil fun. Subcompact Culture Wars if you will.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    I actually own a 2007 Fit. It has 212k miles on the odometer, still gets 36 mpg. Have only replaced headlight bulbs, rotors/pads and 1 fuel pump. Doesn't leak ANYTHING. I keep waiting for something to happen so I can get a Mirage, but the ol' girl just won't break. Your mileage/experience may vary....
    2007? Check the bolts that hold up the waterpump pulley. My brother's 2007 Civic had that issue. Look out for cheap bolts!!!
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    To the Spark owners forum screen shot dis: sort of

The Mirage does look like a 1993 Hyundai that was never imported to the USA. To my eyes, the buttons in the interior that really are the same as a 1996 Eclipse, that's a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Mirage is a parts bin car, but also more aerodynamic, not as lame (nicer looking) than the Spark. Sorry Spark owners the Mirage is more attractive by a long shot, dated or not.

Mitsubishi's dealership network is scant and its long term longevity as a car company, is negligible. Who knows?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Personally, I prefer most models made between 1995 to 2005 over anything being made today. That includes Hyundai, KIA, Honda, & Toyota. Cars were pretty reliable during that time period.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

timw4mail (05-13-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    To the Spark owners forum screen shot dis: sort of

The Mirage does look like a 1993 Hyundai that was never imported to the USA. To my eyes, the buttons in the interior that really are the same as a 1996 Eclipse, that's a good thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Mirage is a parts bin car, but also more aerodynamic, not as lame (nicer looking) than the Spark. Sorry Spark owners the Mirage is more attractive by a long shot, dated or not.

Mitsubishi's dealership network is scant and its long term longevity as a car company, is negligible. Who knows?
    There were some defenders of the Mirage from the Spark and Fit forums but it was overwhelmingly ad hominem low hanging fruit comments. All Mirage owners are poor, have bad credit, are fools for believing Mitsubishi can survive.

Well I say, a pox on them! The Mirage is a success story that those snobs are too foolish to acknowledge. I never thought I would actually be looking forward to higher gas prices, but when the $4 gallon comes, and it will. The Mighty Mirage will rise above the ashes and become legion on the American roads! Bwahahahaha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote taken from article below it -

"Most rich people don't drive stupid expensive cars. ... Instead, the “real rich” drive 10-year old Honda Civics or Toyota Camrys. Seriously. An Experian Automotive study found that 61% of wealthy people drive Toyotas, Hondas and Fords."

https://thinksaveretire.com/why-that...me-any-longer/

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Perhaps its time for a raid on Fit's forum? Time for boss level trolling.....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Perhaps its time for a raid on Fit's forum? Time for boss level trolling.....
    I like my Mirage, & I don't care what other people think. Many people don't get small cars, & I find it a waste of time to even talk about it with them. I really don't care what other people drive. Thus, I don't expect others to care about what I drive either.

I also don't have anything against the Honda Fit. My first car was a 1978 Honda Civic Wagon. Thus, I have a little soft spot for Honda wagons/hatchbacks. I also owned a 1989 Plymouth Colt Wagon DL (entirely a Mitsubishi vehicle except for the chrome nameplate that said Plymouth Colt).

I've had zero interest in sedans my entire life.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Just a some fun debate with Honda Fit owners would make for great reading. Its this type of activity thats the writers at Jalopnik would get a kick out of IMO.