Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi rethinking U.S. market

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I think if Mitsubishi were going to quit the North American market they would have done so ten years ago when sales...and profits...were really in the tank.

As long as they stay in the black I can't see any reason for them to leave. That is, unless Mother Nissan tells them to, which would make even less sense. A small profit is still a profit, and there are surely new models in the pipeline.

I have to believe that Eclipse Cross sales have been disappointing for them, though, which may be why they are executing a slight change in course.
    The Outlander Sport/ASX is probably a big part of the lackluster Eclipse Cross sales. It just keep selling in increasing numbers every year even though it’s riding on a well over a decade old platform.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Mitsubishi has such a cult following thats growing bigger every year in the US. If they bring back the Mighty Max and Lancer Evo that would help immensely IMO.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Mitsubishi has such a cult following thats growing bigger every year in the US. If they bring back the Mighty Max and Lancer Evo that would help immensely IMO.
    I totally wished they'd bring those back but there's a reason why the Evo X died...the market. Mitsubishi's CUV/SUVs are selling really well. According to the owner of our local Mitsu dealer, he said there was a waiting list for the Eclipse Cross when it first arrived here last year but I'm seeing a lot of them parked at the lot still.

As much as I would love for Mitsubishi to revive the next gen Evo, the next gen Evo is definitely going to have some sort of hybrid-tech in it to SELL to people that don't know what it is. It looks like Mitsubishi is definitely invested in going electric too and I hope they bring out more because Electric cars is the new future.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    I totally wished they'd bring those back but there's a reason why the Evo X died...the market. Mitsubishi's CUV/SUVs are selling really well. According to the owner of our local Mitsu dealer, he said there was a waiting list for the Eclipse Cross when it first arrived here last year but I'm seeing a lot of them parked at the lot still.

As much as I would love for Mitsubishi to revive the next gen Evo, the next gen Evo is definitely going to have some sort of hybrid-tech in it to SELL to people that don't know what it is. It looks like Mitsubishi is definitely invested in going electric too and I hope they bring out more because Electric cars is the new future.
    I test drove the Eclipse Cross and it was smooth but jesus the right shoulder blind spot is dangerous as hell and that line divider on the back window is distracting.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

2of9 (05-21-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    right shoulder blind spot is dangerous as hell and that line divider on the back window is distracting.
    110% Agreed! The wife loved it but man, I'm really hoping they re-design it, haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I test drove the Eclipse Cross and it was smooth but jesus the right shoulder blind spot is dangerous as hell and that line divider on the back window is distracting.
    The Eclipse Cross is really pretty in person especially in white. Just the back is still kinda Aztecish. I'm not entirely sure why they have paddle shifters in a CVT. All it does is regulate the variables since there's no gears.

I'm definitely going to pick up an Outlander. Mirage is just about paid off and I'm looking for an accounting job.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    The Eclipse Cross is really pretty in person especially in white. Just the back is still kinda Aztecish. I'm not entirely sure why they have paddle shifters in a CVT. All it does is regulate the variables since there's no gears.

I'm definitely going to pick up an Outlander. Mirage is just about paid off and I'm looking for an accounting job.
    Thats awsome, it was a super comfy ride, I enjoyed it. My only concern though would be the CVT8 on the Eclipse and Outlander. I wonder if those big SUVs have the same level of reliability as the Mirage? Maybe Ill check out Outlander forum and see what their consensus is.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    I'm not entirely sure why they have paddle shifters in a CVT. All it does is regulate the variables since there's no gears.
    Because paddle shifters are a go-faster accessory that sells cars, whether they do anything or not.

Congratulations on (nearly) paying off your Mirage and best wishes on your job search.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Marklovski (05-22-2019)

My only concern though would be the CVT8 on the Eclipse and Outlander. I wonder if those big SUVs have the same level of reliability as the Mirage? Maybe Ill check out Outlander forum and see what their consensus is.
    The Outlander has a 6 speed automatic. Too bad they weren't just a little bigger and worse on fuel, then I'd probably look at them closer. The boss wants a new Telluride.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The Outlander has a 6 speed automatic. Too bad they weren't just a little bigger and worse on fuel, then I'd probably look at them closer. The boss wants a new Telluride.
    It looks like only the top of the line GT 3.0 Outlander gets the traditional auto the other model 2.4 Outlanders get the CVT8. I saw the Telluride today, goddamn thats a fine vehicle. KIA has come such a long way.