Thread: Pearlie :: 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage GT (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Pearlie
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage GT
    Pearl White
    CVT

Details

Front Fog Lamps, LED Brakelights, Projector Beam High Intensity Low Beam Headlamps

Added: 35% Ceramic Tints, Curt trailer hitch (for cargo rack on road-trips)

•  

Stock: Heated Front Bucket Seats -inc: 6-way adjustable driver's seat, driver's seat armrest and 4-way adjustable passenger seat, Automatic Air Conditioning, Cruise Control w/Steering Wheel Controls

Added: Weathertek Floorliners, made "quick-connect" cell phone holder for cupholder to use with headunit, car seat gap fillers

•  

Stock: Radio: Smartphone Link Display Audio System -inc: 6.5 panel, AM/FM/CD/MP3, 4 speakers, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, Bluetooth wireless technology and USB port

Added: Rockford Fosgate audio kit, replaced front speakers with JBL GTO component, replaced rear speakers with JBL GTO

•  

Alloy Stock

•  
    Comments: 9 / Views: 5499
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello Pearlie and welcome to the Garage.

Great name by the way. It reminds me of the cartoon character.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

liamthelush (06-19-2019)

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

liamthelush (06-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been very happy with the car so far and have been adding basically every accessory I can get my hands on: weathertek floormats, Rockford Fosgate audio kit, Curt trailer hitch, new speakers. This forum has been immensely helpful in sourcing everything for me to know what's out there. I also took one user's advice and got the windows tinted - adds great contrast with the white paint and makes the alloy wheels stand out more.

I also got my hands on the OEM remote start kit so installing that is on the agenda for this weekend. The dealership wanted $800 and the car for a day which seems a little outlandish for something that literally just plugs in and bolts on. Wondering if anyone has any experience installing this themselves?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hey liamthelush, you've been busy.

What do you think about those JBLs?

And more pictures!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The tweeters in the front can be a little shrill depending on what I'm listening to, but they either have seemed to mellow out or I have gotten used to them. They're quite the improvement over the stock speakers, especially with the added power from the Fosgate system. Makes highway driving seem a little less noisy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to liamthelush For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  20190630_132345.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  97.3 KB

I was able to try out my cargo rack & bag on my hitch last week when we took the dog down to a cabin for the holiday week. The dog took up the entire backseat/cabin with the cage (he's a large greyhound) so we had to put the food out back. It worked out perfectly!

Also I got my first oil change courtesy of Mitsubishi @ 4900 miles yesterday. I did have a check-engine light come up with a P1590 code (torque conversion?) while on my road trip but they seemed to think it was a glitch or hiccup when they checked it at the dealership. I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if it's a recurring problem.

Do you drive with anything plugged into your obd II port? Some devices can and will make these cars throw that exact communication code and sometimes followed by others causing totally random and driveability issues like loss of throttle. And other devices work fine with no reported issues.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do you drive with anything plugged into your obd II port? Some devices can and will make these cars throw that exact communication code and sometimes followed by others causing totally random and driveability issues like loss of throttle. And other devices work fine with no reported issues.
    I do have a Sprint Drive Wifi hotspot plugged in, but have had it plugged in for months with no issues until last week. That's actually what notified me of the code as I got a notification on my phone. They cleared the code for me at the dealership so hopefully it won't pop back up again. I did also have a FULL car (5... erhm... hefty passengers including myself) at the time it happened so I suspect that might have had something to do with it.

Sounds suspiciously like the OBD-II plug-in that was causing problems for another member...

Thread: any idea why my 2015 mirage (only 53k miles) keeps dying on the road?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)