Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: First impressions after 1 week

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Yes, all '14 and '15 Mirage DE and ES models have automatic climate control. Confusingly, in '17 Mitsubishi made the base model the ES, and it has manual controls.
    Not to mention many Canadian ES '14 models had alloys and climate control.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Not to mention many Canadian ES '14 models had alloys and climate control.
    Mine has no climate control. Dont really need it tbh. I rarely use heat in the winter. Never use A/C lol

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Eggman - I totally agree with you! Those of us that owned, drove, or still drive the old Metro & Festiva cars of the past would feel the Mirage is very well equipped.

All the cars that I have ever bought or owned have been base models. Some of that is dictated by the fact that I always buy/drive manuals. Base model economy cars of the mid 1980's through the 1990's were very basic cars. I can't speak for how a base level Metro was equipped, but the Ford Festiva (designed by Mazda, built by KIA, & sold by Ford) were very basic. My base level 2017 Mirage ES has A/C, power windows, remote power locks, power steering, ABS brakes, traction/stability control, tachometer, intermittent wipers, AM/FM/CD stereo system, outside passenger mirror, & multiple air bags. I may be missing a few standard equipment items here, but the old Festiva didn't have a single one of those items. Not one! Yet, I really appreciated my old Festiva for what it was.

I feel the same way about my Mirage. It's a wonderful little economy car. Despite whatever happens in the future, I hope a basic economy car remains in Mitsubishi's line of vehicles.
    We need to remember that the manual transmission McLaren F1 from that era, a true 200+ mph car lacked ABS, traction & stability controls, heated mirrors and multiple air bags and it was extremely expensive. All that stuff simply wasn't widespread.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daso View Post
    Mine has no climate control. Dont really need it tbh. I rarely use heat in the winter. Never use A/C lol
    Where do you live that you rarely need heat? Vancouver or area?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Eggman I'll start the thread on my next day off. Any background info or help you would want to add would be welcome .

This tangent should probably end on this thread though.
    If you have't begun the swap we should talk. I hate HATE the manuals controls on my '17 HVAC. I had asked around a couple years back when I got it about doing a swap and it seemed onerous, putting it mildly.

Do you have a place big enough for two Mirages to reside in and still work comfortably? Since I'm retired my time is free. it's no big deal for me to take off someplace for a couple of weeks. My partner won't mind, she's good.

We could potentially end up with our Mirages configured as we want them and the learning experience could benefit the whole community.

(Eggman, i would think the needed code differences between manual and auto HVAC are already in place in the ETACS system and a MUT could provide the interface to configure things.)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

spork (11-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Eggman, i would think the needed code differences between manual and auto HVAC are already in place in the ETACS system and a MUT could provide the interface to configure things.
    Or you could save yourselves the headache and just swap cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Or you could save yourselves the headache and just swap cars.
    Ha! Yep, that could work. But if he's as emotionally attached to his Mirage as I am to mine.....a swap is out of the question!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Where do you live that you rarely need heat? Vancouver or area?
    I live in the GTA lol. Usually just placing the heater to hot temp with no fan on is enough for me

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post

OK...

I'll have to learn and deal with that to install my 3D printed cruise control anyway... JEEZ I can't believe how pessimistic y'all are being.

It WILL happen so stop trying to convince me otherwise, thank you!

Oh, yeah. You're going to fit right in around here, lol.

I wonder how the conversion is going? Worst case he could just pull the blend door motors apart and fab up a bunch of push/pull choke cables to control the hot/cold and defrost/floor/vent positions. Might look like crap and but a point would be proven lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)