Thread: First impressions after 1 week

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Oh no, no, no not to confuse you or make myself look stupid...

It's a 2015 but produced during the "'15 continued production/skipped model year"

And I'm looking to swap the 2017-19 ES manual controls into my 15. Sorry to confuse you.
    I should be the one apologizing. When you mentioned you weren't happy with your HVAC system, I assumed you were complaining about a manual climate system. Thus, I concluded that you must have a 2017-19 ES or 2019 LE Mirage. I had it all backwards from the start, & that is totally on me!!!! Thus I am sorry, & I appreciate the clarification. I never heard of a 2016 Mirage, but I wasn't going to argue with you!

When I first became interested in the base level Mirages, some of the changes done in 2017 interested me. The simpler manual climate controls were one of them for sure. I am not bashing the auto controls, but I much rather have the manual ones!

I agree with you - buying a new Mirage to get a few changes like that would be silly! I really like my 2017 Mirage ES (manual), but there isn't anything that you could add to this particular car that would inspire me to pay more for one. Adding a item or two is not a big deal, & I hope that works out for you. I am still on the fence about adding cruise, but it may still happen. Thus, I get where you are coming from.

If someone has been on the fence about buying a new Mirage (especially the manual one), I think the 2019 Mirage has become a very nice package. I know that I sometime rattle on about how you could get these cars for under $10,000, but today's Mirage has a few items (cruise, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, and backup camera) that my 2017 Mirage doesn't have . Thus, I wouldn't expect to find one for that low of a price anymore. I feel a highly discounted Mirage or sightly use one are still a great value!

Sorry for all the confusion and sense of discouragement you may have felt from some of us. Some of us are just clueless! I am a prime example of that! I had it all backward! Oh well, I have always thought "forgiveness" is a beautiful thing!

If someone hears of a smashed up/retired 2017+ Mirage ES, speak up!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MacClyver (05-25-2019)