Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess my new 3cyl!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummis, that trike is my classic big red. Original down to the tires and runs like a top. 1982 200e. First year of the big red.

Top fuel, thanks man! How did you do that?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    ...How did you do that?
    I just copied and pasted your image into Microsoft Paint...rotated it 180 degrees...saved it...and attached it to my reply.

There's something about the way some photos are uploaded (maybe using a phone or other mobile device?) that causes the photos to show up on the forum upside down occasionally?!?

I thought your diesel was a boat or a generator...lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I just copied and pasted your image into Microsoft Paint...rotated it 180 degrees...saved it...and attached it to my reply.

There's something about the way some photos are uploaded (maybe using a phone or other mobile device?) that causes the photos to show up on the forum upside down occasionally?!?

I thought your diesel was a boat or a generator...lol.
    Haha I have a genny but not that large of one!

Thanks again

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Yup about the trans/hydraulic fluid.

And yeah they are awesome little machines. I foresee I'll own it for a very long time!

Are you gonna get one?
    I use old stuff, but I like dreaming about new stuff! I would enjoy having a new Kubota some day! I need two machines to die first!

My riding lawnmower is 26 years old (John Deere LX176). 14 hp Kawasaki motor that just keeps chugging along. I bought the machine used in 2002, & I mow two lawns with it. I've been using the thing for 15 years, & I have no reason to replace it.

I also own a Bolens G174 (made by Iseki). It's has a 2 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel motor, & it's built like a small tank. I believe it's from the mid-late 1970's era. My neighbor sold it to me very cheap when her husband passed away from cancer. She didn't feel comfortable using it. She's an absentee owner (professor @ UW-Madison & owns a second home next to mine), & her 33 acres connect up with my 72 acres. I mow our 105 acres of trails with it. I also provide her with a lot of firewood for her fireplace. Giving me a good deal on her old tractor has worked in her favor, but I would have helped her out regardless of all that.

It's been the perfect little tractor for me. It goes pretty much anywhere my ATV will go, which is good. I have some narrow bridges that cross a few creeks on my property. A normal size tractor would be to much.

I wouldn't mind having something newer some day, but the Bolens has been a beast of a machine. It doesn't look like much, but it's perfect for putting in food plots (for deer & turkeys) & maintaining rough trails. I have pretty rugged property. Not well suited for nice new things!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I use old stuff, but I like dreaming about new stuff! I would enjoy having a new Kubota some day! I need two machines to die first!

My riding lawnmower is 26 years old (John Deere LX176). 14 hp Kawasaki motor that just keeps chugging along. I bought the machine used in 2002, & I mow two lawns with it. I've been using the thing for 15 years, & I have no reason to replace it.

I also own a Bolens G174 (made by Iseki). It's has a 2 cylinder Mitsubishi diesel motor, & it's built like a small tank. I believe it's from the mid-late 1970's era. My neighbor sold it to me very cheap when her husband passed away from cancer. She didn't feel comfortable using it. She's an absentee owner (professor @ UW-Madison & owns a second home next to mine), & her 33 acres connect up with my 72 acres. I mow our 105 acres of trails with it. I also provide her with a lot of firewood for her fireplace. Giving me a good deal on her old tractor has worked in her favor, but I would have helped her out regardless of all that.

It's been the perfect little tractor for me. It goes pretty much anywhere my ATV will go, which is good. I have some narrow bridges that cross a few creeks on my property. A normal size tractor would be to much.

I wouldn't mind having something newer some day, but the Bolens has been a beast of a machine. It doesn't look like much, but it's perfect for putting in food plots (for deer & turkeys) & maintaining rough trails. I have pretty rugged property. Not well suited for nice new things!
    That bolens does look like a beast. Hows the deer population there? Take one every year?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My guess is a dodge neon with a bad coil? :3 Congratz!

EDIT
    oh diesel....

Golf TDI with a bad coil! Final answer!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    That bolens does look like a beast. Hows the deer population there? Take one every year?
    My freezer always has venison in it.

Had I known I was going to guess your riddle so easily, I would have emailed you my answer. Let the others guess for awhile!

I happen to have a Kubota Spring Buyer's Guide (save $400 off select Kubota tractors) sitting next to my recliner. Thus, I had just looked up some tractors the other day. I would like to claim that I'm psychic, but I had Kubota tractors on the brain.

They are nice machines. I used a few Kubota tractors when I used to work part-time for the DNR in the summer years ago. One of my friends, who raises beef cattle, has two of them. He has the large 4WD full size ones for running his hay equipment (haybine, and round baler). He's extremely happy with them. The John Deere and New Holland tractors are a bit overpriced these days. The Kubota is an excellent tractor for the money. If I ever replace what I have, I see myself going that route. I wouldn't mind having a loader some day, too!

For now, the whatever works and is paid for is working out for me!

I'm sure you'll enjoy & appreciate your new Kubota!
    Last edited by Mark; 05-25-2019 at 08:23 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (05-26-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice tractor, but what are you waiting for? Swap that diesel into your Mirage and let's see 40km/l or better! Lol

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)