Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Not getting the magical mileage that is advertised for this car.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    correction * wipers speed up faster the faster you drive the car.
    Yep, speed sensitive wipers. Wish I could have trained her indoors to speed up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-25-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Yes there is/was that option on the top spec cars including the Juro. The blighter that first ordered my Mirage did not specify leather, tight fisted git But, having said that leather does require some looking after.
    It mystifies me one market gets a unique feature and others get something else entirely. Maybe Mitsubishi believes leather would simply hold up better in mild weathered England vs the blarring Vietnam-esque jungle heat we experience here in Atlanta and in much of the states. Do you try out the automatic transmission Mirage out of curiosty by chance?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yep, speed sensitive wipers. Wish I could have trained her indoors to speed up.
    Ha ha cheeky rogue!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    It mystifies me one market gets a unique feature and others get something else entirely. Maybe Mitsubishi believes leather would simply hold up better in mild weathered England vs the blarring Vietnam-esque jungle heat we experience here in Atlanta and in much of the states. Do you try out the automatic transmission Mirage out of curiosty by chance?
    My old woman's a bubble (Greek) over there my brother-in-law rubs his dashboard down with vaseline, other Greeks do it too. In Athens and Cyprus it gets really hot so a few give it the vaseline treatment.
    Of course his old woman moaned, "you never rub me down"

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    My old woman's a bubble (Greek) over there my brother-in-law rubs his dashboard down with vaseline, other Greeks do it too. In Athens and Cyprus it gets really hot so a few give it the vaseline treatment.
    Of course his old woman moaned, "you never rub me down"
    Greek eh? And here I thought their specialty was buggery lol. I too have a Mediterranean queen, she's the classic Irish/Italian New York city blend. Everytime we watch The Godfather I have to talk to her in Marlon Brando's voice for a week, drives her crazy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-25-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Greek eh? And here I thought their specialty was buggery lol. I too have a Mediterranean queen, she's the classic Irish/Italian New York city blend. Everytime we watch The Godfather I have to talk to her in Marlon Brando's voice for a week, drives her crazy.
    They invented it...........apparently. Population in Greece falls dramatically as we speak.
    Oh man, I just love everything Italian, food, music (opera) architecture and especially Roman history. It does it for me, big time. Oh, I forgot, the ladies too.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    They invented it...........apparently. Population in Greece falls dramatically as we speak.
    Oh man, I just love everything Italian, food, music (opera) architecture and especially Roman history. It does it for me, big time. Oh, I forgot, the ladies too.
    Romans founded London didnt they? Londinium I believe. Its funny because here in Atlanta, Georgia the real estate agents love to sell property in "historic areas", as in the gas station across the street was built in 1987.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Romans founded London didnt they? Londinium I believe. Its funny because here in Atlanta, Georgia the real estate agents love to sell property in "historic areas", as in the gas station across the street was built in 1987.
    Yes they did in 43 AD as a settlement, they always used a site near a river, in this case the River Thames. They built a bridge just to the west of where London Bridge is now, they then later encircled Londinium with a wall some of which still remain. There were 7 gates to the wall. Bishopsgate, Ludgate, Cripplegate, Newgate, Aldersgate, Aldgate and later Moorgate. All of which are stacked with history to this day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Codylehr23 View Post
    Much improved.

Little traffic and no wind today.
    You forgot to mention: roof rack removed! I'd bet that was the single biggest factor affecting your MPG.

I did a test on my 1.0L 3-cylinder Metro (Firefly), and an empty rack like yours reduced my MPG by ~12% at 50 mph. The effect gets exponentially worse the faster you go. Eggman wasn't kidding: roof racks wreck fuel economy. They increase both drag AND frontal area.

https://metrompg.com/posts/roof-racks.htm

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Gas Mileage

So I'm in Canada and just bought a 2024 Mirage GT based on the claims of the fuel efficiency and not wanting to have a second car being a major emitter (our other is a hybrid Tucson).

I have 1300 kms on the car now since September and I am not seeing anything near advertised claims of fuel efficiency. I'm driving it like a baby keeping the eco light on as much as possible. No wind. No racks. No reason. Not that many hills. Tires are inflated. We hardly drive the thing and never idle it.

I'm averaging around 300 km to a tank, maybe 340 if I push it. It's a 35 L tank. That's work than 10 Litres per 100/km. I dont know how that translates to MPG but There are 4 litres in a gallon so I guess that works out to 24 mpg or so. The car was advertised to give 6.6 L/100 KM in the city, 5.6L/100 KM on the highway, and 6.2L/100 KM combined with CVT. Currently my Hybrid Tucson is outperforming this little car even with racks, roof box, and dare I say it, towing a 1200 lbs trailer behind it. It's criminal!

Is there anything one can do when you are getting about half the advertised mileage on a brand new car?

Quote Originally Posted by Codylehr23 View Post
    I'm not trying to make it sound like this is a bad car lol.

So I rarely use my AC, I have my tires inflated to 48psi, I think that's 5psi higher then what stated on the tire. I don't drive with my foot on the pedal heavily, in fact I take it as easy as possible especially at stop signs. I coast as much as possible in neutral also.

I feel like I'm driving much slower and cautiously then I should be, and yet I'm not averaging even close to EPA estimates.

Yes I should take off the roof racks to see how much it improves. But then again this is kind of been an issue before I put the roof racks on.

When it's windy I understand that mileage drops dramatically, not only do you hear the wind a lot, you can feel the car working very hard to keep up.