Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Converting from auto to manual hvac controls

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Though I saw a '15 and '17 in junkyard inventories since the last post in all this time I've seen none with the manual controls.

With Wallythackers offer today looks like this will be going somewhere! Unless he really wants to work in the WI cold won't be until spring. But it's exciting to know this is happening.
    How's the automatic climate controls working for you - any problems?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Scratchpaddy: I had not seen that, will be good to know.

Fummins: I discovered how to one piece remove the dash on my metros . Not necessarily easier to remove but it makes it so much easier to reinstall when you can put the vent ducts together outside the car.
    You are correct. I must have been on something when I pulled a Mirage dash for the first time. I pulled one a few weeks ago and there was more than a few bolts. I forgot about some around the center near the bottom and maybe some around the steering column. I'm sure I took pictures and will try to post what I took when I find them and have too much free time.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Though I saw a '15 and '17 in junkyard inventories since the last post in all this time I've seen none with the manual controls.
    Just a friendly reminder - Looking for 2014-15 Mirages that have manual climate controls is a waste of time, because auto climate controls were standard for all trim levels in the States. Canada may have been different? Keep in mind - A/C has always been a standard feature for all Mirages in the States, too.

Manual climate controls would only be found on 2017-19 ES models and 2019 RF & LE models in the States. Unless someone has heard otherwise, all Mirages are getting auto climate controls in 2020 again.

Having auto climate controls wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but I would much rather have manual controls.

Canada is different.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark: I was simply stating that I had saw a junked '15 listed, nothing more .

Eggman: Well, as I've been driving my Metros for the past few months it hasn't been necessarily bothering me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Eggman: Well, as I've been driving my Metros for the past few months it hasn't been necessarily bothering me.
    Well, that's good to know. But has it ever malfunctioned or failed to work for you?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Mark: I was simply stating that I had saw a junked '15 listed, nothing more .

Sometimes, I just say stuff for anyone reading a thread. It makes sense you would know that.

Sometimes I say stuff without reading the thread.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh boy, yes. It has finally happened!

A wrecked 2019 Mirage G4 popped up locally! A trip to go harvest stuff will be in order on Monday!

Oh boy, yes. It has finally happened!

A wrecked 2019 Mirage G4 popped up locally! A trip to go harvest stuff will be in order on Monday!
    Nice, I wonder why a 2019 is in a pick a part, Cvt failure? Attachment 20674