Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mirage Parts

Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    Looks like I am just going to have to wait a while until parts become available from anywhere other than a dealership. Of the 2 estimates from body shops I have gotten. $2800 was the least expensive!! So, it looks like I wait a year or so then have it fixed. No real other viable options that are budget friendly.
    Dumb question but have you even called your insurance company and asked if you'd be covered without rates going up? We're covered for hitting animals here. I hit a moose, didn't have collision. Was gonna pay to fix it myself but called my insurance company told them what happened and asked if I was covered and if my rates would go up. They fixed it and assured me my rates would stay the same even though I didn't have accident forgiveness coverage. Unless I start hitting animals for sport rates wouldn't go up. That was years ago and my rates only go down.

And out here, if you have more than $2000-2500 worth of damage you're supposed to get a police report. Supposedly some bodyshops won't even touch a damaged vehicle unless you have a report.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    Looks like I am just going to have to wait a while until parts become available from anywhere other than a dealership. Of the 2 estimates from body shops I have gotten. $2800 was the least expensive!! So, it looks like I wait a year or so then have it fixed. No real other viable options that are budget friendly.
    Have you considered buying a parts car from a Copart auction? You might find a Mirage that is the right color being auctioned near you. Pick it up for $500, get the parts you need, and send the rest of the car to the scrap yard.

Here are the Mirages they are offering right now. You might see if one is near you and/or is the right year and color.

https://www.copart.com/lotSearchResu...bishi%20mirage

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-10-2019)

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Finding body parts for mitsubishi, including mitsubishi mirage has always been one of the biggest issue of these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by crisnilland View Post
    Finding body parts for mitsubishi, including mitsubishi mirage has always been one of the biggest issue of these cars.
    Welcome??? I don't like spam though.
    Attachment 18588

2 in one day? I couldn't imagine if there wasn't a trick question needed to sign up.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-14-2020)

I wasn't sure at first but google that user name, joined a ton of forums in the last week spamming about. https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-g...an-cave-2.html

https://www.nairaland.com/crisnilland/posts
    Mirage videos:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-14-2020)

Thanks, Mr Fummins. I had checked the IP address when they signed up, and it was valid, so I mistakenly gave them a pass.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I'll let it slide this time. Do people actually get paid to spam around like that or are they just really bored?
    Mirage videos:

They're paid.

Spambots are easier to catch than actual people.

Sometimes companies contact us directly and ask if they can pay us to host their "guest posts", but only if their posts are allowed to contain links. We say "nope!"

Most of the time companies just try to sneak them in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I got my replacement steering wheel a few months ago, it ended up being from a place in Waukesha, WI. I think it was bandmauto.com I think they had a few steering wheels which makes me think they had a few cars at the time...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    When I got my replacement steering wheel a few months ago, it ended up being from a place in Waukesha, WI. I think it was bandmauto.com I think they had a few steering wheels which makes me think they had a few cars at the time...
    Does anyone suppose those junked Mirages were sold through the Mad City Mitsubishi dealership? Not that that means anything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)