Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Mirage Parts

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2018 Mirage Parts

I hit a raccoon a while back and I need to have my car fixed. I am not going through my insurance. The body shop I use is very cool with details and pricing, however they are running into the same issue I had (when I was just going to fix the front bumper cover and support myself). NO AFTERMARKET parts or even used parts anywhere. Nothing at all nearby Junk Yards. Nothing online at any of the usual places (I generally use www.certifit.com) and they don't even have the 2018 listed. In fact it was removed from the catalog.
    Now the real problem is that with only factory parts the repair is going to be $2,600 instead of under $1,000 because everything has to come from Mitsubishi..
    Can anyone offer any suggestions that would be of some help?
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iriegnome For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-31-2019)

The rad support and bumper rebar/reinforcment is probably the same for 2014-2018. I know for sure that 15' will fit a 17' and vise versa. I just assume that the other years would interchange. The cover would be 17+ I assume but again can't say 100% for sure. If you haven't tried yet look at car-part.com. You'll likely have to look up bumper assembly and pick the years 2017-2019. They don't have interchange for the Mirage for some reason. Others like to argue but see for yourself.

If your car isn't hit too bad you can usually pull the rad support back into shape by hand. A lot of the metal is like tinfoil on these cars. I just had one that hit something down low, it pushed the rad support back so far that the low pressure ac line was rubbing on the ac compressor clutch. I was able to bolt a chain to the bottom and yank it back into place pretty easily. Though other's may argue that the real problem is caused by rattling brake lines.

Oh, and if you get a used one make sure it's from a hatchback. G4's are different.
    Last edited by Fummins; 05-29-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (05-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the great info. I am going to try to give the rad support a yank this weekend. I also did know about the G4 difference, so I am on the lookout for that. That lower Rad Support from Mitsu is over $600!! Just an FYI

Those bumpers are hard to find and not cheap even used by the looks of it. Could use a 15 and older bumper and just replace the hood with an older one as well. But might look odd.

There's a bolt on each bottom corner of the support with a 12mm head. I just pull the bolt and replace it with a longer one and a big washer. Then hook a chain or strap or whatever. Works surprisingly well.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Large wrecking yards will generally ship parts to you from across the country...but shipping on large parts can be expensive.

If you find a bumper cover 1,500 miles away that is the right color it might be worth it to have it shipped because it will mean you don't have to pay to have it painted. The body shop can just install it for you. Painting is EXPENSIVE.

This is what I did when somebody backed into my right rear door. I could have found a door in the wrong color closer to me, but would then have had to pay to have it painted. Instead, I found a door in the right color about 120 miles away, paid for it over the phone, and had the wrecking yard ship it to my house.

I just bolted it on and the car looked like new again.

If you really can't find anything used, then you may just want to wait until you CAN.
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 05-30-2019 at 08:42 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

iriegnome (05-30-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iriegnome View Post
    NO AFTERMARKET parts or even used parts anywhere. Nothing at all
    Can anyone offer any suggestions that would be of some help?
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul
    Though I haven't personally ordered any parts from the online store "Mitsubishi Parts Now", I recall one Forum member saying they had good luck with a part ordered for their Mirage, the colour was right and everything.

https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/

Take a look not guaranteeing anything personal experience wise. For me I'm not sure about shipping to a Rural Route in Canada. I could use a new rear bumper after a minor rear ender not my fault.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Though I haven't personally ordered any parts from the online store "Mitsubishi Parts Now", I recall one Forum member saying they had good luck with a part ordered for their Mirage, the colour was right and everything.

https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/

Take a look not guaranteeing anything personal experience wise. For me I'm not sure about shipping to a Rural Route in Canada. I could use a new rear bumper after a minor rear ender not my fault.
    If you were rear ended and it wasn't your fault then why not just get it fixed through the at fault person's insurance. Unless you accepted a cash payout for the damage done and are fixing it yourself?

I've done that before for a simple job, the at faults insurance company cut me a cheque for more than I paid for the car and I fixed it with parts I got for free.
    Mirage videos:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (06-02-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    and I fixed it with parts I got for free.
    Well we just both kind of agreed to forget about it, I felt bad for the young driver, and it was 3 days before Christmas. The marking is a small crack along near the red reflector on the rear bumper's left side.

Not much, to the every day eye not noticeable, but it still kinda bugs me a little. I believe any claim I make has a high deductible on my insurance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Umm, if it's not your fault you pay should have to pay a $0.00. I got backed into, I got a cheque for $3000. I didn't even talk to my insurance company, I dealt directly with the other guys'.

I hit a moose and didn't have any collision insurance, didn't think I was covered and didn't want to make a claim but the truck was a mess! Called my broker and they said I was covered and rates won't be affected by ramming into animals! Truck was fixed, I only had to pay to fix a dent that was there previously. My rates didn't go up. I don't have accident forgiveness either. Maybe the op should check with his insurance company, maybe his rates won't be affected either? Might be worth a call.
    Mirage videos:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (06-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like I am just going to have to wait a while until parts become available from anywhere other than a dealership. Of the 2 estimates from body shops I have gotten. $2800 was the least expensive!! So, it looks like I wait a year or so then have it fixed. No real other viable options that are budget friendly.