Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Raced Mirage at Virginia International Raceway

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Interesting stuff. What kind of an event was this?

EDIT: Saw Dirk quote you. Nice. Cool to see another racer on the board.

Last edited by RyanGreener; 06-20-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    The pressure was about the same as Loren. Just around 38 up front and 34 is what I started with in the rear. I checked it after each run and it would vary a good bit. High 40's up front and rear would climb over 40.

The temp was between 90 and 150 degrees.

These tires just are not made for this. If we went more than 4 laps on the track at a time I would have just pitted. I wouldn't let the tire temp cross 160 degrees. Just wouldn't feel safe. Even though most tires are good a little higher than that.
    Im thinking about jacking up my Mirage, Grave Digger style, what would you recommend bro? I also thought when the world turns into a Mad Max style apocalyptic environment, the Mirage could rock a giant crossbow on the roof. Cut out the back half of said roof and set up a base for the crossbow. Your thoughts?Name:  30ty6u.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  75.6 KB

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    Wow. My fault..
    I should have known better than to share something racing related with the Eco crowd.

The track event, it's a charity event that does not allow passing that may reach speeds of 100-110 tops. VIR has been running this event for a few years and the entire race track. I think they got their stuff together and don't need any help from keyboard warriors from The Mirage Forum. Yes I reached 90 mph in the car on a straight. I also lived in Kuwait for a few years so 90 mph is a regular thing on the highway like it is in many countries. Hit about 35 in the corners. I don't think I need to justify that or anything actually.

Steve yes this Dad can't afford a GoPro and much much more. Little car in my profile picture is 1000hp GTM that I race at mile, half mile and other runway events. I'm working on the suspension and steering now to bring it to other events like this on road courses. Speaking of road course events I also race a Miata. See I went from karting to road racing to drag racing to airports. And I could give a damn about YouTube views. I've had that channel for years and this is the first time I've posted any videos on it. and only posted it on YouTube to share with you guys. As a matter of fact the whole reason that I took these videos is because I'm trying to push for a Mirage challenge series. Much like the Honda spec, Spec 3 and Spec Miata series. Many people think it will save Mitsubishi and the Mirage. The car will be stripped down and a cage will be added. Suspension mods can be made and minimal power upgrades. It's a great way to get people in a race car that could not typically afford it. It's what we've been doing with the miatas for years. There's is a lot of worry because Mazda seems to be carrying the Miata more upscale in a different direction. This could be a big help to get people on a race track to find new talent and keep the Mitsubishi Mirage afloat.

I keep the temperature gun with me when I go to a track. Check tires and brakes at the end of every run. Tires never got past 150 degrees. That's not in the danger zone! Brakes got all the way up to 400 but amazingly did not fade. Like you guys really care.

Oh and speaking of that kid in the backseat that's been too damn big for a car seat! The kid probably knows more about cars (and racing) than you guys do. In just a few years he will be racing in the NASA Mazda Miata Teen challenge series (with my car). Probably BEFORE he even has a driver's license! You guys want to go ahead and call DSS now. I live in North Carolina if you want to get the local number to make sure the child is taken to safety as soon as possible.

Loren this is a 2015 year model car on its third set of tires. I don't know where you get dry rotted from but you need to get your eyes checked. The tires are not even two years old.

From now on I'll be more careful about where I post stuff on the internet.

Respectfully,
    Race car driver who also owns a Mirage
    I had my kitty Mr. Sprinkles riding shotgun on the track, I suggested a helmet and told me to go fudge myself! lolName:  20190521_141905.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  84.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Revisiting old threads is fun. Be sure to read through the whole thing for context, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd rather have my kids in the back of my car with other's on a closed course like that, than on the street surrounded by the stereotypical bad drivers and drunks.
    Don't forget stoners (lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Now I want to buy one and post video's of me destroying it just to annoy others lol
    Now that you own one, when are you going to a track event?

This little snippet is what prompted me to make this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Hey! I got a laugh on here! Finally! All joking aside Flo, go easy on that CVT7 its reliable, but like all CVTs, delicate.
    Ha! Of all concerns expressed in this thread, ol' Dirk sticks to defending his favorite CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)