Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Raced Mirage at Virginia International Raceway

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Chill people?!? This is the kinda kick in the pizole this thread needs my friend! You want more posts, threads, foot traffic? You need controversy bro. Im calling flotownj and deezspace out. Only way to settle this is Mirage off. One race, one track, children in the back seats of both cars, Tokyo Drift style. I can just see it now.....The Canadian Gender Studies professor vs The darn tootin' Appalachian road warror. Fummins and myself in the broadcast booth. Shhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, thats some good watching right there baby.
    That's actually kind of funny. My professorial 5 speed no air Mirage is sure to beat any CVT Mirage with a heavy foot and 3 dozen Appalachian kids/cousins in the back.

Last edited by dspace9; 06-06-2019 at 05:44 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-06-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Name:  2a5600637b8fe944b4cec32373c220cd.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  46.1 KB
    Its on people Mirage 2019!
    Im thinking some corporate sponship decals are in order?
    Dspace decals: ACLU, Child Protective Services, Tim Hortons and BlackLivesMatter
    Flojumpj decals: Mountain Dew Baja Rush, NRA, and Golden Corral buffet

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    People are weird.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

What did that tire read pressure wise after the run? It definitely almost unseats and loses a few psi...

Made this tire engineer cringe. FWIW, this is a good video to show why we make performance tires

Makes me miss my Mirage so much though... I loved throwing that thing around corners. Especially after I stiffened it up and put good rubber on it. Dump the clutch, grab a gear and go!
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-07-2019),Top_Fuel (06-09-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post

What did that tire read pressure wise after the run? It definitely almost unseats and loses a few psi...

Made this tire engineer cringe. FWIW, this is a good video to show why we make performance tires

Makes me miss my Mirage so much though... I loved throwing that thing around corners. Especially after I stiffened it up and put good rubber on it. Dump the clutch, grab a gear and go!
    Been awhile since Ive stiffened it up and put good rubber on it.....sigh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So! Back to track lapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flotownj View Post
    Virginia International Raceway held a charity laps event this past memorial day. I took my bone stock 2015 ES CVT out to have some fun. Honestly it was the funniest thing I have done in a long time!
    Hey flotownj, do you think you'll do this again? It would be interesting to see video of some other tire and rim combinations, and you have the ways and means to catch the action.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It would be interesting to see video of some other tire and rim combinations
    195/50-15 Dunlop Direzza ZIII on 15x7, 35mm offset Storm S1 wheels (lots of suspension mods, lots of front camber, etc)

This one is from some skidpad testing on Dec 2, just looking to see what the contact patch is doing. The camera didn't stay put well, and I don't know what happened to the sound synch at the end. There's like a lap or two in each direction, then I pulled off and parked.

A cinematographer, I ain't.
    Simplify and add lightness.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-09-2019),Top_Fuel (06-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's a big difference from flotownj's setup. Seems they weren't squealing much. Thanks for posting it. Do you remember what inflation pressure were using for that run?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On the Mirage, I usually run about 38-40 front and 30-32 rear for autocross.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's a big difference from flotownj's setup. Seems they weren't squealing much. Thanks for posting it. Do you remember what inflation pressure were using for that run?
    The pressure was about the same as Loren. Just around 38 up front and 34 is what I started with in the rear. I checked it after each run and it would vary a good bit. High 40's up front and rear would climb over 40.

The temp was between 90 and 150 degrees.

These tires just are not made for this. If we went more than 4 laps on the track at a time I would have just pitted. I wouldn't let the tire temp cross 160 degrees. Just wouldn't feel safe. Even though most tires are good a little higher than that.