Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Air conditioner not very cold

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Look, Mark - I'm sorry you feel this way.

Just to be clear, my criticism is aimed at Scotty and how he approaches his public persona. I don't care for it and find it questionable and even a little deceitful. Some folks like it, some don't. Knowing that style draws a crowd, Scotty plays it and he works it for all he can. I am not saying Scotty doesn't have useful advice. If you find his advice and insight useful, that's fine.

My criticism is for Scotty, not you. I am not criticizing you - I am criticizing Scotty Kilmer. You are not Scotty Kilmer, and I am not attacking you. If you feel my criticism of Scotty is a criticism of you, I don't know what to say but I hope you can see this differently. If you find my advice and insight not useful, that's fine too.

I wish I could avoid being exposed to the frantic showmanship that is so prevalent online these days. If you are interested, I could share some info about how the major internet companies try to capture and influence our behavior. It's concerning and I believe something to be aware of, but it's not exactly a focus of this forum.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I won't apologize for my position.
    Well said. Scotty is polarizing, and I am sure it is not accidental. He is not always wrong, but he is not always right, either.

but I won't apologize for my position.
    You should really stop criticizing people!
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:36 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You should really stop criticizing people! You're taking work away from me.
    Sorry. I'll stop. I'll be perfect from now on.

Starting now.

Did someone magically block me from my profile and settings? I can't seem to get into it now
    I haven't been able to access mine either. I keep getting a database error message.

Did I done broke the forum??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Me t y
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:37 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Look, Mark - I'm sorry you feel this way.

Just to be clear, my criticism is aimed at Scotty and how he approaches his public persona. I don't care for it and find it questionable and even a little deceitful. Some folks like it, some don't. Knowing that style draws a crowd, Scotty plays it and he works it for all he can. I am not saying Scotty doesn't have useful advice. If you find his advice and insight useful, that's fine.

My criticism is for Scotty, not you. I am not criticizing you - I am criticizing Scotty Kilmer. You are not Scotty Kilmer, and I am not attacking you. If you feel my criticism of Scotty is a criticism of you, I don't know what to say but I hope you can see this differently. If you find my advice and insight not useful, that's fine too.

I wish I could avoid being exposed to the frantic showmanship that is so prevalent online these days. If you are interested, I could share some info about how the major internet companies try to capture and influence our behavior. It's concerning and I believe something to be aware of, but it's not exactly a focus of this forum.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I won't apologize for my position.
    I would also like to clarify my thoughts on this matter.

I went back & looked through this entire thread, & the link I shared was very appropriate.

As a moderator of this forum, I still question your response somewhat? I just watched the link a second time, & I feel it was very appropriate for this topic. Is your opinion of Scotty Kilmer more relevant than the information provided by the link?

Someone may be able to find a better presentation on this topic, but I just happened to see one. I thought this clip was very appropriate for this discussion, & I would even say it was extremely well done! I am not a mechanic, & I found Scotty's discussion of this topic to be very helpful. I shared it, because I thought it may be helpful to someone else?

After watching it, I came away with - it's ok to pay a professional to do this. I can't remember the last time I had an A/C problem? I seldom use A/C. I haven't used the A/C in my Mirage yet this summer (other than clear up a fogged up windshield one day when it was raining). In my case, buying the equipment to do this job isn't worth it. I like my mechanic, & I don't mind giving him my business sometimes. Information like this helps me make a wise-decision.

Rather than waste my money on a product that may or may not do the job right, I have a better understanding of why you may want to have a professional do this particular job. This clip helped sort that out for me. I thought it may help someone else do the same. Why would I care about what anyone thinks of Scotty Kilmer?

You shared your take on Scotty Kilmer. This is mine, & I don't expect anyone to care!

I LOVE the enthusiasm of Scotty Kilmer. I wish that I was that passionate about what I do in life!
    I don't agree with everything he says, but I respect his knowledge of cars.
    I've been in education for over 3 decades. There's a difference between someone who knows stuffs verses pretends to knows stuff. I can usually pick up on that pretty fast. Whether you dislike Scotty or not, this guy is extremely knowledgeable. I respect that!

Scotty Kilmer doesn't seemed swayed by any outside forces in life. He tells things as he see it. Even if he is WRONG, I like that in people. I don't like it when someone tries to tell you what s/he thinks you want to hear. I personally find Scotty Kilmer sort of refreshing!

I knew how you felt about Scotty Kilmer long before I posted in this thread, & I just don't care! I somewhat expected you to bash this! Even though though I knew that might happen, I felt the information shared in this particular clip may be helpful to someone else like myself. I didn't share this clip for you! I shared it for someone like me! It wasn't meant to be about how you & I feel about Scotty Kilmer at all! When you share a clip in a thread, what is your purpose?

You shared a clip yesterday (related to possible clutch issues) in another thread. I didn't bother opening it, but I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I'm sure you thought it may be helpful information for someone? As an owner of a Mirage with a manual, I am interested in the outcome of Pryme's Mirage. It's items like those that make me enjoy this forum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just felt your response was a bit extreme, & it really didn't contribute to the discussion at all. If anything, it just took away from it. I shared something that I thought may be useful to someone interested in this topic. If I had shared something that was extremely inappropriate, I would appreciate a forum moderator stepping in. I was just trying to be helpful in this thread & nothing more. I appreciate the apology!

This discussion probably should have become a personal email. I really like this forum! Sorry for my long vent!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-19-2019 at 02:23 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Would it make more sense if we look at my criticism of Scotty for what it is - it's just a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If I were you, I would seriously lighten up a little bit.
    Good point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Would it make more sense if we look at my criticism of Scotty for what it is - it's just a joke.
    This thread is about A/C units in cars, not Scotty Kilmer. I have a lot of respect for Scotty Kilmer, & what he represents.

In the broad scope of life I wish we were all a little more respectful of one another, but that may need to start with me!

As for being a comedian, you may want to hang on to your other day job!

Life is to short to stay mad over anything. It’s time to move on. Thanks for listening, caring, & the feedback. I appreciate it!

Mark

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Who know my anger about my old Mirage's a/c sucking would turn into all this!
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-19-2019)

I think we should
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think we should talk(argue) about scotty some more.
    I think we should all get together, have a beer, & talk about something else!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-14-2021)