Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Air conditioner not very cold

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Okay, checked for leaks. None. Service staff tell me it's working about as good as it can. I ask if the mirage just has a weak a/c system and they said the condenser is pretty small...

So yeah, apparently that's just how they are. Dammit. I can't imagine the thing having a chance in hell cooling the inside when it's 100 degrees and muggy out.
    Good thing you live in Illinois where its only hot n muggy like what 4 months out of the year? Love to see a thread about Mirage owners in the deep south dealing with their AC.

I doubt it'd be plugged already on such a new car but hav to slow the flow a lot.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:34 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Great points to know! Even if you don't feel comfortable doing the work yourself, it's nice to point your mechanic in the right direction.
    It is an easy to replace line. One bolt at
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:35 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hot and muggy and me don't get along. I get terrible heat sickness and will pass out if I overheat too bad and then I'll get to test the Mirages safety systems so I'd prefer not to have to do that.

I did check the cabin filter and it's pretty darn clean. Good suggestion though.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Before I bought my Mirage we rented one in Florida in the middle of the summer, stinking hot and muggy out and the A/C did very well. I would have never bought the car if the A/C hadn't worked so surprisingly well. I haven't seen any mention in the previous comments but putting the blower in recirculate mode helps it to be really cold.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daleWV View Post
    I haven't seen any mention in the previous comments but putting the blower in recirculate mode helps it to be really cold.
    Great reminder. When my AC is on, my recirculate mode is almost always on.

Name:  recirc.jpg
Views: 609
Size:  12.8 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, I'll keep trying it with the recirc on.

I was gonna mention that but figured it was like asking if the
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:35 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, normally on my other cars I don't have it set to Recirculate all the time. The ones with auto climate control will switch it on and off as needed as well.

Even on this car with it in recirculate you can feel the compressor kicking on and off often and can feel the temperature change out of the vents as it does so. It's almost like whatever sensor determines if the evap is going to freeze up is too sensitive and it's set to too high of a temperature.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Even on this car with it in recirculate you can feel the compressor kicking on and off often...
    That's the way mine has always been. It cools just fine, but I can feel it every time the compressor turns on. That's what happens when you have AC on a 70hp engine. I generally only run my AC once my car has reached a cruising speed...because the clutch cycling is much less noticeable then....and my fuel mileage takes less of a hit. My AC is never on when I'm accelerating.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)