Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Air conditioner not very cold

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Fummins - You may want to quit your day job, & start sharing your car knowledge on youtube!
    I'd rather

Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:39 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzandy View Post
    Service notes say it was holding 0.3 kg. Spec is 0.27 kg. Made all the difference in the world.
    I don't know how I missed this when it was originally posted. Thanks for sharing.

This is a good example of why you need a proper diagnosis of AC problems before you grab a can of AC Pro off the shelf at Walmart to "top off" your under-performing system.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-12-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_Daddy_Patty View Post
    Mine drops below 30 psi during operation. I was gonna add just a touch more to see if it helps with the cold/barely cold that it cycles in between when running.
    So does my 18 Mirage, my AC seems leaking and the pressure drops to about 23 PSI after compressor kicks in. Not sure if it is a leak or simply because of the low refrigerant in the very beginning.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 1.2 automatic: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.7 mpg (Imp)

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Eggman;88801]Look, Mark - I'm sorry you feel this way.

Just to be clear, my criticism is aimed at Scotty and how he approaches his public persona. I don't care for it and find it questionable and even a little deceitful. Some folks like it, some don't. Knowing that style draws a crowd, Scotty plays it and he works it for all he can. I am not saying Scotty doesn't have useful advice. If you find his advice and insight useful, that's fine.

My criticism is for Scotty, not you. I am not criticizing you - I am criticizing Scotty Kilmer. You are not Scotty Kilmer, and I am not attacking you. If you feel my criticism of Scotty is a criticism of you, I don't know what to say but I hope you can see this differently. If you find my advice and insight not useful, that's fine too.

I wish I could avoid being exposed to the frantic showmanship that is so prevalent online these days. If you are interested, I could share some info about how the major internet companies try to capture and influence our behavior. It's concerning and I believe something to be aware of, but it's not exactly a focus of this forum.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I won't apologize for my position.[/QUOTE
    I enjoyed the info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 29.0 mpg (US) ... 12.3 km/L ... 8.1 L/100 km ... 34.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Overcharged? Well I'll be.

And yeah, the people here are pretty cool. I tried finding a similar forum for my Outlander Sport. Found... nothing.
    I second that! There are no really active OS/RVR/ASX forums (at least that I have found). I am registered on a couple but activity is super low.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)