Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This may or may not interested you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IBFLMYZEzI
    WARNING!

Beware - another Scotty Kilmer Hyperbole production complete with all the requisite vague and absolute terms in the title.

NEVER DO THIS...!!!

and

CLICK HERE FOR ALL SECRETS REVEALED!!!

and

I PICKED MY NOSE AND WHAT I FOUND WILL AMAZE AND ASTOUND!!!

Sorry. Looks like I can't help myself just like good ol' Scotty can't either.

Some repairs require specialized tools. If you want to keep your car for a long time, make a quality repair using the right gear & expertise. You don't need a long video intended to gather clicks to get the message across.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-17-2019)

Don't forget, if you want your car to last sell it and buy and old celica.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And check the brake lines for rattling noises.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

For Dirk Attachment 14816
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Towelie! Man that little towel could smoke! Still Im glad he entered rehabilitation, got clean, and finally reunited with his son, washcloth.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Fummins, you a South Park fan?

I'm not aloud to watch it
    Mirage videos:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-20-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    WARNING!

Beware - another Scotty Kilmer Hyperbole production complete with all the requisite vague and absolute terms in the title.

NEVER DO THIS...!!!

and

CLICK HERE FOR ALL SECRETS REVEALED!!!

and

I PICKED MY NOSE AND WHAT I FOUND WILL AMAZE AND ASTOUND!!!

Sorry. Looks like I can't help myself just like good ol' Scotty can't either.

Some repairs require specialized tools. If you want to keep your car for a long time, make a quality repair using the right gear & expertise. You don't need a long video intended to gather clicks to get the message across.
    I find your response to all this to be rather lame! Obviously, you are not big fan of Scotty Kilmer. That comes across quite clear. I found his information on restoring your A/C unit to be quite interesting. I will also admit that I have never done it myself. He may overdue things, but I found the information to be very insightful. I also took note of it, because many members have been complaining about their A/C lately.

The previous post to mine warned about overfilling your A/C unit and causing damage. I had just seen that same warning a day or two ago on youtube.com. Thus, I thought I would share that if anyone was interested in this topic.

I get that you are not interested in what Scotty Kilmer has to say or how he says it. I have watched a lot of his clips, & I personally enjoy them. I have also read a lot of your car thoughts. There is really no comparison. If I were you, I would seriously lighten up a little bit.

I was in Walmart in today. I saw an entire end shelf stocked with R134a refrigerant. It gives the impression, this is an easy fix. I've recently learned it may not be the best thing to do without the proper equipment from a couple sources. Scotty Kilmer was just one of them. Just because something is shared doesn't mean everyone has to click on it. Just like I don't take everything you say on this forum real seriously either!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I was properly trained in automotive AC repair and have to say that's one of Scotty's more accurate videos. If you're trying to get the AC going in a beater, try a can of "AC Pro". But if it's a car you care about, take it somewhere and have a pro do it. Properly evacuating the system and recharging with the correct amount of refrigerant isn't that expensive but it does require the right tools and some knowledge to go with it.

Rev up your Mirages!!!

Name:  scotty.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  45.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I find your response to all this to be rather lame! Obviously, you are not big fan of Scotty Kilmer. That comes across quite clear. I found his information on restoring your A/C unit to be quite interesting. I will also admit that I have never done it myself. He may overdue things, but I found the information to be very insightful. I also took note of it, because many members have been complaining about their A/C lately.

The previous post to mine warned about overfilling your A/C unit and causing damage. I had just seen that same warning a day or two ago on youtube.com. Thus, I thought I would share that if anyone was interested in this topic.

I get that you are not interested in what Scotty Kilmer has to say or how he says it. I have watched a lot of his clips, & I personally enjoy them. I have also read a lot of your car thoughts. There is really no comparison. If I were you, I would seriously lighten up a little bit.

I was in Walmart in today. I saw an entire end shelf stocked with R134a refrigerant. It gives the impression, this is an easy fix. I've recently learned it may not be the best thing to do without the proper equipment from a couple sources. Scotty Kilmer was just one of them. Just because something is shared doesn't mean everyone has to click on it. Just like I don't take everything you say on this forum real seriously either!
    Look, Mark - I'm sorry you feel this way.

Just to be clear, my criticism is aimed at Scotty and how he approaches his public persona. I don't care for it and find it questionable and even a little deceitful. Some folks like it, some don't. Knowing that style draws a crowd, Scotty plays it and he works it for all he can. I am not saying Scotty doesn't have useful advice. If you find his advice and insight useful, that's fine.

My criticism is for Scotty, not you. I am not criticizing you - I am criticizing Scotty Kilmer. You are not Scotty Kilmer, and I am not attacking you. If you feel my criticism of Scotty is a criticism of you, I don't know what to say but I hope you can see this differently. If you find my advice and insight not useful, that's fine too.

I wish I could avoid being exposed to the frantic showmanship that is so prevalent online these days. If you are interested, I could share some info about how the major internet companies try to capture and influence our behavior. It's concerning and I believe something to be aware of, but it's not exactly a focus of this forum.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I won't apologize for my position.