Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Air conditioner not very cold

awhgfh wtf n

Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:39 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-20-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I think establishing a MirageForum support/therapy group is in order. "How does your Mirage hand brake make you feel?"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I think establishing a MirageForum support/therapy group is in order. "How does your Mirage hand brake make you feel?"
    I still think hanging out, having a beer together, and talking about something else (not Scotty Kilmer) is a better suggestion!

If needed, it's nice to know a support system is out there via mirageforum.com!

I need to go do some work. I have a pile of crushed rock to move with my Kawasaki Mule! Later guys!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine drops below 30 psi during operation. I was gonna add just a touch more to see if it helps with the cold/barely cold that it cycles in between when running.
    '17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Everybody here - I realize I'm reviving a slightly old thread but need to send you a big thanks. I originally found this because my a/c on my 2019 Mirage was getting worse every day. Not good in Albuquerque in July/August when it's parked in the full sun on an asphalt parking lot all day. Turns out you helped me twice today.

1. Your forum carries some kind of weight with the service team at my dealership. They've never head of Mirages having a/c problems, but I referenced this thread and since you all said it, they believed it. Took it, found it was overcharged, now my compressor doesn't make a horrible noise when it kicks on, the whole car doesn't jerk and lose way too much power when the compressor cycles, I have cold air. Amazing.

2. The rotten way people often act has been getting me down pretty bad lately. I just read through this whole thread. It made me glad I bought a Mirage for a whole new reason. What a great owner culture. Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Overcharged? Well I'll be.

And yeah, the people here are pretty cool. I tried finding a similar forum for my Outlander Sport. Found... nothing.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzandy View Post
    Everybody here - I realize I'm reviving a slightly old thread but need to send you a big thanks. I originally found this because my a/c on my 2019 Mirage was getting worse every day. Not good in Albuquerque in July/August when it's parked in the full sun on an asphalt parking lot all day. Turns out you helped me twice today.

1. Your forum carries some kind of weight with the service team at my dealership. They've never head of Mirages having a/c problems, but I referenced this thread and since you all said it, they believed it. Took it, found it was overcharged, now my compressor doesn't make a horrible noise when it kicks on, the whole car doesn't jerk and lose way too much power when the compressor cycles, I have cold air. Amazing.

2. The rotten way people often act has been getting me down pretty bad lately. I just read through this whole thread. It made me glad I bought a Mirage for a whole new reason. What a great owner culture. Thank you.
    Sharing that an overfilled A/C system was causing your problems is good to know. Being a part of this particular thread, I learned some things that goes beyond A/C systems.

I've visited some other forums for other vehicles in the past. This one is unique!

I am glad your A/C problem is solved. Sounds like that service team learned something valuable, too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Indeed. Service notes say it was holding 0.3 kg. Spec is 0.27 kg. Made all the difference in the world.

Given the other comments about other brand new Mirages having low charge, seems like a plain old quality issue.

Relative to certain other auto makers' quality issues of late, I'm good with this one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I think we should talk(argue) about scotty some more. I'm liking Marks long responses. Eggman, I wonder how much scotty makes from sponsors? Can't be a shill can he? Acting like the shamwow guy just to get clicks and likes? I'm sure he does alright for himself. Does he even work on cars anymore or just talk about them? He really seems to hate new technology and computers. Maybe that's whey "old school" people love him so much? I will watch a video here or there to see Scotty's takes on "what suvs, cars, or trucks to stay away from" Some good well known points are made about some things while others are just extremely over exaggerated prices to fix stuff. Like people saying it'll cost $800 to replace a fuel pump if you run out of gas!
    Since we are back here, I am going to take the opportunity to answer a few of Fummins' questions.
    They estimate Scotty is making approximately $4,400/day from ads that appear in his videos. According to their math, that comes out to 1.6 million dollars/year. Ironically, companies like O'Reilly's will have ads on his youtube channel, & he rips on them. Others find that funny, too!

Fummins - You may want to quit your day job, & start sharing your car knowledge on youtube!

Search for Scotty's net worth & this is what you typically find -

"Scotty Kilmer is a popular YouTuber from the United States who runs his own self titled automotive channel. He has an estimated net worth of $7 million. His content is mainly about teaching people how to fix their cars when they get various problems and generally how cars work." Mar 4, 2019

The man drives a 1994 Toyota Celica and works on cars in his driveway. If you have seen his garage, you know why that is.

I don't sense Scotty hating technology if used in the right way. He's using $5,000+ scanners all time in his videos when working on cars. He's quick to point out how technology can lead to costly repair as cars get older, & there is truth to that.

Like I've said before, I don't buy everything he says. Some of it is garbage. I find him sort of humorous. I can see why he would annoy some people. If his net worth is $7 million, he done alright for someone who has graduated from the University of Illinois with a master's degree in anthropology. By the way - his wife is a public school teacher. I'm sure she has a good state retirement pension built up so they can fall back on it when they both retire!
    Last edited by Mark; 08-03-2019 at 07:06 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $4400 a DAY?! Holy ****!

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-12-2022)