Thread: New to Mitsubishi

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Cool New to Mitsubishi

Hi all !
    Was a lurker for a while,I just got a new Mirage HB ES+ CVT . PIcked it up on monday.So far I love it...the car that critics hate. I traded in a 2016 Chevy Spark for it. I find it WAY better . I let my best friend test drive it ..hes a former Mini stock driver / Master mechanic, no specs, no peeking under the hood wanted his reaction . He loved it great ride great suspension, all round great car...he couldn't believe that its a 3 banger..says car had guts and attitude..my cars a creeper she wants to run. Says it can get you out of trouble if you punch it...had no problem running with and besides semi trucks ...not much turbulence side drafting, So far I love it. No regrets No buyers remorse Name:  20190603_141413.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  94.7 KB Ready to come home from dealership

Last edited by zking67; 06-04-2019 at 09:07 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zking67 For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (06-05-2019),MetroMPG (06-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zking67 View Post
    Hi all !
    Was a lurker for a while,I just got a new Mirage HB ES+ CVT . PIcked it up on monday.So far I love it...the car that critics hate. I traded in a 2016 Chevy Spark for it. I find it WAY better . I let my best friend test drive it ..hes a former Mini stock driver / Master mechanic, no specs, no peeking under the hood wanted his reaction . He loved it great ride great suspension, all round great car...he couldn't believe that its a 3 banger..says car had guts and attitude..my cars a creeper she wants to run. Says it can get you out of trouble if you punch it...had no problem running with and besides semi trucks ...not much turbulence side drafting, So far I love it. No regrets No buyers remorse Name:  20190603_141413.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  94.7 KB Ready to come home from dealership
    Good looking ride! You have the armrest and cruise? CVT7 gets some getting used to. I love it now though, very efficient.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Good looking ride! You have the armrest and cruise? CVT7 gets some getting used to. I love it now though, very efficient.
    Got the cruise contol but no armrest yet

Welcome/bienvenue, zking67!

The 2016 Spark is the newly redesigned model, I think. I'm curious to know your thoughts on the pros/cons against the Mirage. I have never driven a Spark.

Interesting factoid: both the Spark and Mirage use the same Jatco CVT, though the software is probably a bit different.

Glad you're happy with your new car!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.8 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome/bienvenue, zking67!

The 2016 Spark is the newly redesigned model, I think. I'm curious to know your thoughts on the pros/cons against the Mirage. I have never driven a Spark.

Interesting factoid: both the Spark and Mirage use the same Jatco CVT, though the software is probably a bit different.

Glad you're happy with your new car!
    It was my 2nd spark.I had the 2014 also so far, I really love the suspension on the mirage . I drove it in montreal roads are Terrible .I find the ride much more stable.
    I can run with the semi trucks and dont feel the side draft as much with the mirage.
    I also like the fact that the 3A92 engine has timing chain.
    was surprised to learn that the US mirages are made in Japan Vs Canada -Thailand
    I have also found that you feel less of a pressure change when trucks come up on the mirage.
    Did my first "Break in" mini road trip on the highway and Adirondack mountains ...way better fuel mileage, with speed variations 60-110KM Hr and the car pulls well up hill in the mountains. I don't know if the mirage has fuel cut-off when coasting off gas and down hill like my former spark. will have to see when I get an ultra gauge

I did my first refuel...I actually cheered when 1 gas bar went down ! road trip tally :
    235.8 Km - filled to full cut-off 11.589 liters used
    in real US mileage terms 146.5 miles / 3.06 Gallons

I know this will be an all around better car fuel wiseName:  DP-1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  88.0 KB

I put on door trim to save from dings on edges

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zking67 View Post
    It was my 2nd spark.I had the 2014 also so far, I really love the suspension on the mirage . I drove it in montreal roads are Terrible .I find the ride much more stable.
    I can run with the semi trucks and dont feel the side draft as much with the mirage.
    I also like the fact that the 3A92 engine has timing chain.
    was surprised to learn that the US mirages are made in Japan Vs Canada -Thailand
    I have also found that you feel less of a pressure change when trucks come up on the mirage.
    Did my first "Break in" mini road trip on the highway and Adirondack mountains ...way better fuel mileage, with speed variations 60-110KM Hr and the car pulls well up hill in the mountains. I don't know if the mirage has fuel cut-off when coasting off gas and down hill like my former spark. will have to see when I get an ultra gauge

I did my first refuel...I actually cheered when 1 gas bar went down ! road trip tally :
    235.8 Km - filled to full cut-off 11.589 liters used
    in real US mileage terms 146.5 miles / 3.06 Gallons

I know this will be an all around better car fuel wiseName:  DP-1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  88.0 KB

I put on door trim to save from dings on edges
    There are no Mirages, for the North American market, that were manufactured in Japan. Theyre all made at there Thai plant. The vin # can attest to this. Mine was made in Thailand.