Thread: Japanese Rims

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Japanese Rims

So I'm new to this forum and been loving all the information on here! Such a great lil community for such a great lil car!

Browsing the inter-webs earlier in the day I came across a website I thought some of you might find interesting!
    I have no experience buying anything from them but it appears to be some decent prices for used wheels, it's just a matter of shipping and I have no idea what the costs would be to that!

If anyone has any information on this website or has experience buying from them that would be awesome!

Link to website: https://www.croooober.com/en/cparts/..._cd=allRims_14

Link to wheels I'm interested in: https://www.croooober.com/en/item/10...ng-Eight-Spoke

Cheers- LilBlueNugget

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LilBlueNugget For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-05-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilBlueNugget View Post
    So I'm new to this forum and been loving all the information on here! Such a great lil community for such a great lil car!
    I clicked on the second link but could not see a photo of the rims. They are unique and awesome I am sure, but I have no experience ordering such bulk items from Japan (except my Mirage of course).

Save a jpeg and post a photo of the rims on to this thread, if it's not that much work. Cheers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Shipping to the US from places like Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Russian Federation, etc. usually approaches $200 or more. There are many name brand racing/light-weight wheels on eBay that come from these countries. So they need to be some unusually good wheels for that shipping cost. I did buy a set of wheels from a seller in Singapore a couple of years ago and I paid that much for shipping. But the wheels were very nice and worth it even including the shipping.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm not sure why the second link didn't work. I'm currently on mobile so that could be the issue haha. I took a screen shot and hope the picture uploads properly!
    I'm in the same boat never tried importing something directly but these rims got me thinking I wanna try!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you for the response!! That shipping is a little steep but I see what you're saying. It's definitely not too much for a nice set of rims! I love the older Kei car rims, I don't want anything too fancy just different.
    I can't seem to get a photo to upload from mobile.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LilBlueNugget For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-05-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    these rims got me thinking I wanna try!
    Take a look at FAST rims. They're Canadian, and they're the rims my local Mitsu dealer sells for their whole lineup. I have their brochure somewhere.

The FAST brand rims for the Mirage are nice, but pricey. I personally like the black rims.

https://www.fastwheels.ca/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Here's the wheel you're looking at...

Name:  wheel.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  54.1 KB

$221 USD for the wheels + $289 shipping to the Midwest in the US via FedEx. You can get a shipping quote on the website where the wheels are listed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got my 5Zigen Pro Racer GN+ wheels from Croooober. Great price for a wheel fitment that was simply not available in the U.S. I had a very good experience with them. But just be sure you make sure you know what you're getting. I checked the boxes that didn't list wheels with bends, cracks, or corrosion.

Name:  57589779_10157196607324851_5358629029324783616_o.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  94.3 KB

I shod them with 175/55/15 Nankang AS-I tires. The wheels are a 15x5 +45 fitment.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post

I shod them with 175/55/15 Nankang AS-I tires. The wheels are a 15x5 +45 fitment.
    Oh wow!! I've seen your car when I first joined the forum and have admired those wheels since! That's good to hear! I never thought about checking those boxes, I'd hate to buy busted wheels. I think I know the first thing I'll be saving money for to go into the nugget!!

Your wheels suit the grey so dam well ����

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh wow!! I've seen your car when I first joined the forum and have admired those wheels since! That's good to hear! I never thought about checking those boxes, I'd hate to buy busted wheels. I think I know the first thing I'll be saving money for to go into the nugget!!

Your wheels suit the grey so dam well ����
    Thanks! Be sure to be picky. I saw so many wheels I loved, but they either had corrosion, cracks, or bends. I didn't want any of those.