Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deposit on 2019 GT

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    The title is clear, and its sold as "new" with 11 miles on the dash. I did throw in rhe floor mats all weather for $110.
    I can drive manual bit absolutely hate it, as I drove manual cars for 14+ years
    I could be wrong but I believe it is the GT or some models within that trim has red interior accents. I'm not sure if this is my taste personally. I get your point the '15 Mirage is getting dated with the features, my 2014 Mirage has roll down windows in the back.

The all weather mats are worth the money, my own 2014 Mirage's driver's side floor mat has a hole in it now. No hole underneath so that's good but still things wear out.

The 2 tone black silver GT rims are the best rims I have seen on the Mirage overall, that is my taste not trying to stir the taste pot haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Personally, I'd rather find a deal on an SE, maybe with the Rockford system, unless the GT was a give away price. I pity the poor soul that has to replace the super expensive GT headlights down the road, and they don t have insurance to cover them.
    Let us know what you do.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Personally, I'd rather find a deal on an SE, maybe with the Rockford system, unless the GT was a give away price. I pity the poor soul that has to replace the super expensive GT headlights down the road, and they don t have insurance to cover them.
    Let us know what you do.
    SE with Rockford system doesn't come that way as an option.

Stirring the pot - Personally, I like the LE 15" alloy wheels best!

The SE trim level (above the LE) only comes with 14" alloy wheels. Why?

If you want the Rockford Fosgate system, you have to settle for the base level ES trim level. That doesn't make sense?

LE & GT has heated seats, but the trim level between them doesn't. That doesn't make sense?

The Mirage comes in 5 trim levels (ES, RF, LE, SE, GT), but they are set up somewhat lame in my opinion.

It's an economy car! It should come in one nicely package trim level, & your options at the time purchase are -
    Color
    Manual vs. CVT
    Stereo system & speakers
    Wheel/Tire package

You pick a color/transmission & then decide what type of stereo system you want installed & what style/size wheels you want added. The difference in price are transmission, stereo system, & wheels selected by the customer.

Instead of dealers searching for or guessing what trim levels their customers want, it suddenly becomes a simplified process. It's not a perfect system by any means, but 5 trim levels for an economy car? This car could be marketed much better than it is in my opinion, & it may help lower its cost. The 2019 base level Mirage comes pretty well equipped. I really don't see a need for 5 trim levels on such a simple little car. I'm glad that I prefer manuals, because it would make my choice on a new one simple!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's an economy car! It should come in one nicely package trim level, & your options at the time purchase are -
    Color
    Manual vs. CVT
    Stereo system & speakers
    Wheel/Tire package

You pick a color/transmission & then decide what type of stereo system you want installed & what style/size wheels you want added. The difference in price are transmission, stereo system, & wheels selected by the customer.
    Build to order might work if it were not made overseas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Build to order might work if it were not made overseas.
    I don't think of one trim level as built to order? Picking from 5 trim levels is their version of built to order.

I am talking about one trim level, or you could call it two (Mirage manual & Mirage cvt). The dealer installs the stereo package and adds your wheel package (if you want an upgrade). It's an economy car. I would keep it simple. Not sure adding more trim levels increases sales? Just a thought! I don't see the logic behind their 5 trim levels. Then again, adding a lot of features to a cheap economy car doesn't overly impress me.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks all, I never owned the 2015 for very long, but reading the threads, it seems that the CVT is the weak link. Purchased the 2015 DE model after my Nissan died and it was supposed to be a temporary car that I ended up loving to drive and challenge my last MPG numbers every time. Can't wait to get a decently loaded one to keep

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.5 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Premeir620 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-14-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Premeir620 View Post
    Thanks all, I never owned the 2015 for very long, but reading the threads, it seems that the CVT is the weak link. Purchased the 2015 DE model after my Nissan died and it was supposed to be a temporary car that I ended up loving to drive and challenge my last MPG numbers every time. Can't wait to get a decently loaded one to keep
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Mirage. After owning the new one for a bit, you'll have to share your thoughts on the updated model with more features. Sounds like a few other 2014-15 Mirage owners have considered following in your foot steps.

I apologize for those of us (mostly me) that sort of get side-tracked within a thread. Sounds like you are getting a great deal on a GT. Don't blame you for taking advantage of that! Look forward to hearing more about your new ride soon!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Car Nut View Post
    Let us know what you do.
    Replace because of damage or the bulb?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Replace because of damage or the bulb?
    I think what he is saying is the HID assembly is a little pricey. Actually, the price has come down a bit from where it used to be. Here's the price for one HID headlight assembly...

Name:  HID.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  77.2 KB

So if you ever come across a Mirage GT in a junkyard, grab the headlights because they are worth more than the salvage yard may realize.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I think what he is saying is the HID assembly is a little pricey. Actually, the price has come down a bit from where it used to be. Here's the price for one HID headlight assembly...

So if you ever come across a Mirage GT in a junkyard, grab the headlights because they are worth more than the salvage yard may realize.
    Before anyone spends over $600 on a front light, you can get the same headlight for $256, I'll post the screen shot. The online store is called Mitsubishi Parts Now, google it, someone on here used the store and their car part's colour matched perfectly and everything. Can't recommend myself, haven't used it, but might as well give it a try for 2/3 off or 66% markdown might as well

https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/v...amp-components

That's the link and here's a screenshot I just made, of the part and the prices:
    Name:  composite assessory.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  53.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)