Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Deposit on 2019 GT

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Might be the larger tires, and also more bells and whistles on the GT compared to the DE, means more weight.

I believe the old saying goes that as car model years go on, car's weight oftentimes goes up, so that extra HP Mitsubishi threw in the 2019 cars might just be accounting for more girth in the Mirage. Could be I don't know, 38 mpg in a not broken in engine is pretty good.... so see what happens!

You gotta get the feel of the car too for the optimal fuel consumption, perfect feel for the throttle and brakes, like any car. I had a rental Santa Fe recently, and after driving around some, the fuel economy went from 8.5 to 8.2 L/100 km's (to almost 30mpg, a few mpg improved) after around 900 km's (500 miles) of my driving.
    What extra power did the Mirage get for 2019?

Maybe there's new sticker somewhere? I haven't seen any difference(From 17')
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-17-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What extra power did the Mirage get for 2019?
    Horsepower went from 74 to 78 in 2017. I wasn't aware of an increase for 2019.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've got a 19 and remember reading its 78HP with 74ftlbs for torque. Those double digits were a contributing factor to buying the car haha.
    I Rented a Micra for a week a while back and really wasn't too impressed with the fuel mileage. The double digits and 3 cylinder engine sold me on the mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilBlueNugget View Post
    I've got a 19 and remember reading its 78HP with 74ftlbs for torque. Those double digits were a contributing factor to buying the car haha.
    I Rented a Micra for a week a while back and really wasn't too impressed with the fuel mileage. The double digits and 3 cylinder engine sold me on the mirage!
    The charm of the Mirage is that it is affordable, reliable, and economical. Take away from those three traits, & it's not as appealing to me either. We don't have the Micra in the U.S. If I am driving a small economy car, it better get 40+ mpg consistently. I really like the 1.2L, cylinder powertrain of the Mirage, especially in the manual. It does everything I want a small economy car to do quite well!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Horsepower went from 74 to 78 in 2017. I wasn't aware of an increase for 2019.
    Yeah that's what I thought too

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The charm of the Mirage is that it is affordable, reliable, and economical. Take away from those three traits, & it's not as appealing to me either. We don't have the Micra in the U.S. If I am driving a small economy car, it better get 40+ mpg consistently. I really like the 1.2L, cylinder powertrain of the Mirage, especially in the manual. It does everything I want a small economy car to do quite well!
    I hope Mitsubishi doesnt cancel the Mirage in 2020 or change it into a more expensive crossover.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LilBlueNugget View Post
    I average 35mpg in my Micra. Nothing to be impressed or upset over.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    I average 35mpg in my Micra. Nothing to be impressed or upset over.
    That seems very consistent with the data taken from 292 Micra drivers. The highest number of Micra drivers had an average of 35 mpg, too!

http://www.fuelly.com/car/nissan/micra

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yikes 35 seems so low for a mirage sized car. If I ever got 35 in the mirage I'd think it was dragging a deer carcass underneath lol