United States
    Thanks
    Any updates?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Any updates?
    I did not see any erratic idling in today's cold start either. I am quite happy with the results and with saving my self $550 CAD for other stuff

3. The Following User Says Thank You to grevster For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-29-2019)

Good to hear that. Try the easy stuff first. Like most of the internet, you gotta weed out the crap and til you find something that makes sense and works.
    We've been pretty lucky out here(so far), always run non-top tier fuel in the entire fleet without any noticeable problems since I've been here.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

grevster (08-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Good to hear that. Try the easy stuff first. Like most of the internet, you gotta weed out the crap and til you find something that makes sense and works.
    We've been pretty lucky out here(so far), always run non-top tier fuel in the entire fleet without any noticeable problems since I've been here.
    I'm only guessing but my initial thought is that your drivers aren't trying to maximize fuel economy when they drive and are giving the Mirages "Italian Tuneups" on a regular basis.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I'm only guessing but my initial thought is that your drivers aren't trying to maximize fuel economy when they drive and are giving the Mirages "Italian Tuneups" on a regular basis.
    itialian tuneup, ha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to benwerks For This Useful Post:

inuvik (08-31-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerica1776 View Post
    I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES with a CVT, 128,412 miles. I’ve noticed recently that when I start up my vehicle that the RPMs will throb/surge from 800 to 1200 or so until the vehicle is fully warmed up, driven, etc. It doesn’t happen all the time, it’s more of a hit or miss. My thoughts are that it’s either the battery, which is aging, something with the fuel system, or perhaps the car converter. Anyone have similar issues?
    Hey MrAmerica1776, any updates? This problem crops up from time to time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hey MrAmerica1776, any updates? This problem crops up from time to time.

Yeah, my car unfortunately is out of commission. I was driving up an incline on the freeway about four months ago, when there was a loud bang, and smoke began pouring from under the hood. I noticed that the RPMs shot up rapidly as this occurred. I immediately pulled over and had the vehicle towed home. I scanned it later and it gave my a P302 code; cylinder 2 misfire detected. I’m debating what I should do.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerica1776 View Post
    Yeah, my car unfortunately is out of commission. I was driving up an incline on the freeway about four months ago, when there was a loud bang, and smoke began pouring from under the hood. I noticed that the RPMs shot up rapidly as this occurred. I immediately pulled over and had the vehicle towed home. I scanned it later and it gave my a P302 code; cylinder 2 misfire detected. I’m debating what I should do.
    That stinks. Sorry to hear this.

Sounds like the engine is done roached. Reports here on the forum indicate replacement engines are not that expensive, maybe you can get another and keep yours on the road. Depends on your level of skill & interest? Is the body banged up?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)