Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G4 head-on collision fatality

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

G4 head-on collision fatality

Heard about this accident on a Cincinnati radio station. It was a head-on collision...but the right (passenger) side of the G4 front end visible in the first picture doesn't look badly damaged. I suspect this was an "offset/overlap" front end collision where the driver's side of the front end took the majority of the impact.

Edit - Just saw another picture of the damage...man that isn't looking good in the second photo.

Name:  accident.jpg
Views: 1018
Size:  24.4 KB

Name:  accident2.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  66.7 KB

RIPLEY COUNTY, Ind. —

A crash that involved two vehicles in Ripley County, Indiana, turned deadly Friday.

The crash happened around 3:30 p.m. Friday on U.S. 421 near Versailles.
    Advertisement

Investigators say the driver of a 2016 Kia Soul tried to pass another vehicle as she was driving south on the road, and the a driver of a 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage, who was coming northbound, could not avoid a collision.

Officials identified the driver of the Mitsubishi Mirage as 21-year-old Henry Finney of Madison, Indiana.

An ambulance drove Finney to the King's Daughters' Hospital in Madison, and that's where died from his injuries.

The driver of the Kia Soul was taken to the same hospital but later sent by Air Care to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

According to the press release, the driver of the Kia Soul was in serious but stable condition.

Indiana State Police say both drivers were wearing seat belts.

Investigators say they believe improper passing and traveling at a high rate of speed are factors to the crash.

This crash is part of an ongoing investigation and toxicology reports are pending at this time.

Follow this story to get instant e-mail alerts from WLWT on the latest developments and related topics.

Source: https://www.wlwt.com/article/two-veh...diana/28059606

(Madison, Ind.) - A 21-year-old man from Madison was killed in a Friday afternoon crash on U.S. 421 in Ripley County.

Indiana State Police say improper passing and speeding are factors in the deadly wreck that happened near County Road 1050 South south of Versailles around 3:30 p.m. Friday, June 14.

Troopers investigating the crash found that a 2016 Kia Soul driven by Shannon Hubbard, of Pekin, Indiana, was attempting to pass another vehicle when it struck head-on a 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage driven by Henry Finney, who was driving the other direction.

Finney was rushed to Kings Daughters Hospital in Madison where he died of his injuries.

Hubbard was flown to University of Cincinnati Medical Center with serious injuries, but was in stable condition according to police.

Indiana State Police are continuing to investigate the crash. Drugs and alcohol are not believed to be factors, though toxicology results are pending. Both drivers were wearing their seat belts.

ISP was assisted at the scene by the Ripley County Sheriff’s Department, Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department, Ripley County EMS, King’s Daughters’ Hospital EMS, Versailles Fire Department, and Affordable Todd’s Wrecker Service.

Source: https://www.eaglecountryonline.com/n...s-421-head-on/

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 06-20-2019 at 01:56 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Damn that's terrible. Any high speed frontal collision is a bad thing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    That is sad!

Sadly, the Laws of Physics don't work in the Mirage's favor.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    It's a shame somebody had to die because somebody else was just in a big damned hurry. I am convinced that a lot of people just don't know what those two solid yellow stripes down the center of the road mean, as I see people seemingly ignoring them all the time.

This also recently happened to a former coworker of mine. Was having a bad day, passed in a no-passing zone, ran right into the front of an oncoming truck. He died instantly. He was the father of a couple little kids.

Very sad. Head-on collisions are pretty much the worst of the worst.

I hate seeing that the person at fault survives and the guy not being a retard doesn't. That's not really fair. See it all the time with impaired drivers too.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-19-2019),Dirk Diggler (06-19-2019),mohammad (02-18-2022),Pryme (06-19-2019),smiba (07-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I hate seeing that the person at fault survives and the guy not being a retard doesn't. That's not really fair. See it all the time with impaired drivers too.
    Me, too. Family of four in the minivan dies, drunk guy in the bro-dozer winds up with a sore shoulder and an 'airbag burn'.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-19-2019)

Then sues airbag mfg and wins
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-19-2019)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why its always on you to stop yourself from crashing. I almost got into a few crashes but I managed too swerve out the way. People are crazy out there.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    People are crazy out there.
    On top of that they gotta have More Power.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Wish the estimated speeds were shown in the article. That much impact damage Im guessing 50+ mph for the idiot illegally passing? If it was less say 40 mph Id be concerned about Mirage safety. 21 year old kid, had everything in front of him. I hope the idiot gets 10 years in state prison for manslaughter.