Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Mental :: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage Juro (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mirage Mental
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage Juro
    Rust
    Manual

Comments: 32 / Views: 16387
    ^ That's hilarious! I love that he posted the review in 2014, and just 6 months ago, someone posted in the comments that they currently OWN his old car. And somebody else wants to buy it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

I also thought it was funny that those were the only 3 comments!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yes, Im constantly battling trolls on You Tube for fun. A Mirage Propagandist, in other words.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    ^ That's hilarious! I love that he posted the review in 2014, and just 6 months ago, someone posted in the comments that they currently OWN his old car. And somebody else wants to buy it!
    link? Ive written so much on youtube, cant keep up.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    your mirage is the same colour as mine nice you don't see many in that colour

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam - UK For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-24-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    After a test drive in the Mirage Mk3, just to evaluate its 90's charm, I figured it ain't a bad car. Saw mine, loved the colour, liked the drive and it has a lot more giddy up than the Panda. I really like its specification but hate the useless Bluetooth, Christ, I thought the Panda was bad.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam - UK View Post
    A rare CVT version in the UK! Do you find yourself answering alot of questions about why you drive an automatic?

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    A rare CVT version in the UK! Do you find yourself answering alot of questions about why you drive an automatic?
    Dirk, we have a weird system of taxation here in the UK. A vehicle with CO2 reading of up to 120 g/pk up to early 2017 is free of road tax. The new Mirage for example pushes out 107 g/pk taxed at £145 per annum, the CVT pushes out 114 g/pk but costs the same for annual tax. My car is 100 g/pk so is free. It's a nightmare. However, auto's are generally dearer to tax because of all the poop that comes from the exhaust pipe. I wanted a 2.5 litre Rover 75 auto years ago where Tony Blair's lot wanted to crucify cars that were considered gas guzzlers. They suggested way back in the late 90's the 75 2.5 litre would be £450, now though the 2.5 and 2 litre are £325 per year. That's still a lot of whisky.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Dirk, we have a weird system of taxation here in the UK. A vehicle with CO2 reading of up to 120 g/pk up to early 2017 is free of road tax. The new Mirage for example pushes out 107 g/pk taxed at £145 per annum, the CVT pushes out 114 g/pk but costs the same for annual tax. My car is 100 g/pk so is free. It's a nightmare. However, auto's are generally dearer to tax because of all the poop that comes from the exhaust pipe. I wanted a 2.5 litre Rover 75 auto years ago where Tony Blair's lot wanted to crucify cars that were considered gas guzzlers. They suggested way back in the late 90's the 75 2.5 litre would be £450, now though the 2.5 and 2 litre are £325 per year. That's still a lot of whisky.
    I had no idea it had to do with taxes in the UK. I just figured the manual transmission was just simply preferred for better reliability, but what I don't know would fill libraries so I ask too many questions. Thank you for your responses, very enjoyable. Its nice to get some fresh blood in here with personality!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-25-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I had no idea it had to do with taxes in the UK. I just figured the manual transmission was just simply preferred for better reliability, but what I don't know would fill libraries so I ask too many questions. Thank you for your responses, very enjoyable. Its nice to get some fresh blood in here with personality!
    Well that's a nice thing to say which is appreciated. I'm forever the optimist and have a good laugh accompanied with a sense of humour. Life's too short to shuffle around being a misery and bah humbug and all that.
    This forum make me glad the boy bought a Mirage, Christ only knows what would have happened if I'd have bought a BMW or an Audi.