Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to take for service?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, I cannot do the oil change myself...I want to rather taking to a shop.

Can I take it to any independent mechanic or do they need to be certified in Mitsubishi? My regular mechanic is Toyota, Honda, Acura certified but 2 weeks ago I saw him service a customer's Ford mustang. In his shop, all of the oil are Toyota brand.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mirage86 For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-21-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage86 View Post
    My regular mechanic is Toyota, Honda, Acura certified
    I'm in a bit of a tif with my "local" Mitsu dealer at the moment, so I might take my 5 or 6 year old Mirage to the local Ford dealer for service. They have so many rare cars there all the time, they know what they're doing I'm sure. That way I don't potentially void the Mitsubishi warranty too. I paid too much for my Mirage to do that right.
    Last edited by dspace9; 06-21-2019 at 11:36 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It sounds like the original poster should just bring it to the dealership.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    It sounds like the original poster should just bring it to the dealership.
    the or a dealership, not sure if it matters. My Mirage bought new was serviced at Jaguar next door to Mitsubishi all the time before the local business got bought out or whatever.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I only have 2 dealerships near me...the rest are all 100 miles away. The first dealership (where I bought the car) no longer sells Mitsubishi and will not service them. The second dealership is a shared location between Chevy, Jeep, and Mitsubishi. The mitsubishi section of that dealership won't even pick up the phone lol.

I have a really good toyota mechanic near me....if I take it there, he will probably put Toyota brand oil. Does it really make a difference?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

I have a really good toyota mechanic near me....if I take it there, he will probably put Toyota brand oil. Does it really make a difference?
    I'm not expert, but I think the recommended oil goes by the motor in the car, so like one brand of motor oil fits many cars. Different varieties of oil of course. Like car tires, I saw Goodyear tires on a transport truck the other day.

Sorry your dealership woes go on like that, I have my fair share of stories since owning my Mirage, mostly good however car-wise. I think all the dealers seem shady but maybe I will have luck with the local Ford dealer, and I can keep my warranty in good standing. I think. Maybe an idea for your situation too.
    Last edited by dspace9; 06-21-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I only have 2 dealerships near me...the rest are all 100 miles away. The first dealership (where I bought the car) no longer sells Mitsubishi and will not service them. The second dealership is a shared location between Chevy, Jeep, and Mitsubishi. The mitsubishi section of that dealership won't even pick up the phone lol.

Your perfectly fine taking your Mirage to a Toyota mechanic or a Ma & Pa mechanic shop. These cars are so simple and just let them know you want full synthetic oil and your good. The only time I take our Mirages into the dealership is when Im doing a tranny fluid change and thats it.
    Considering how easy it is to work on Mirages I bet we all save a few bucks on labor seeing as how fast a skilled mechanic can work on them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Any dealership can change your oil. Any indy mechanic can do it as well, and if you are not interested in working on your car yourself it might be a nice way to develop a long-term rapport with one.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Any dealership can change your oil. Any indy mechanic can do it as well, and if you are not interested in working on your car yourself it might be a nice way to develop a long-term rapport with one.
    When I had the Rostra kit installed in the G4 the audio guy found a couple of screws to a mount hadnt been tightened behind the steering wheel. He pulled me into the shop to show me and explained they usually wouldnt do anything like that considering theyre an audio shop but because the car was so simple he went ahead and did it free of charge! We tried to figure out why it was loose then I remembered the g4 had a completely new engine put in a month before we bought it and they must of forgot to tighten. I didnt even realize we got a new engine until I took the G4 in for a tranny fluid change and the service department said it wasnt needed because it had just been done to compliment the new engine. When I inquired why it needed a new engine they said it looked like the previous owner never did oil changes? I thought that sounded fishy but couldnt get anymore answers out of him. Still the g4 runs like a top so I cant complain.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Unfortunately, I cannot do the oil change myself...I want to rather taking to a shop.

Can I take it to any independent mechanic or do they need to be certified in Mitsubishi? My regular mechanic is Toyota, Honda, Acura certified but 2 weeks ago I saw him service a customer's Ford mustang. In his shop, all of the oil are Toyota brand.
    You are wasting your time getting our opinion on something so simple like this.

Ask places how much it cost to have 0W-20 synthetic oil change done with a quality oil filter. Ask them what they use & share that with us if you like. If you are doing 5,000 mile oil changes, none of this really matters anyways.

Steve does free conventional oil changes every 5,000 miles. He has 250,000+ miles on his Mirage with no issues. No leaks, no burning oil.

Find a place you feel comfortable with. Tell them what you want & see what they say. Developing a relationship with a mechanic is good. My mechanic is great to me! When my driving school needed a new place to service our cars, guess who got our business. Now, he appreciates me even more. Everyone is happy!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-21-2019)