Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holy Break- in!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    So do you think I'll be safe extending oil change intervals all the way to 6011kms? I'm a little hesitant and feel like I was using the wrong oil filter all these years!
    I think you might be okay. After all, you are from "oil country". But do NOT try to make it to 6012km unless you are sure your filter has a titanium end cap and filtration media that is at least 70% unicorn fur.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-27-2019)

Sounds good. I'll see if the dollar store sells filters.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds good. I'll see if the dollar store sells filters.
    They do, but you will get synthetic unicorn fur. Barely better than a coffee filter. Caveat emptor.

I don't think I could sleep at night without knowing for sure that there is authentic organic free range ethically treated grass fed gender neutral fully natural unicorn fur in these oil filters. Maybe I'll buy some from various vendors and send them out to a lab for testing before I use one.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-27-2019 at 01:52 PM. Reason: derp
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-27-2019),Pryme (06-27-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think I could sleep at night without knowing for sure that there is authentic organic free range ethically treated grass fed gender neutral fully natural unicorn fur in these oil filters. Maybe I'll buy some from various vendors and send them out to a lab for testing before I use one.
    Be sure to hack a couple open and post your results. I have to know which filters to dismiss out-of-hand. Filters from Uzbekistan have the highest unicorn fur content, but Tanzanian filters have the most free range unicorn fur. Lots of unicorns roaming on and around Kilimanjaro, so check those labels carefully. I have never seen genitals on a unicorn, so I think they are all safely 'gender neutral'.

I think I read all this on BITOG, and everyone is an expert there. One guy on that forum even drives a Porsche!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You guys are insensitive, you forgot sustainably sourced!!! How dare you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Can we please get back to talking about spare tires?

Besides, everyone knows that tufts from spotted owls make the best filters.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I thought this was about oil filters. Gotta stay on topic. Can't let these threads derail like crazy!

Mirage videos: