Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Thanks

19 Mirage G4

Hello All,
    This is officially my first Mitsu that I have owned. My first car was a 1995 Mistu Mirage coupe automatic
    My parents went back to Mitsubishi as they now have a 16 Mirage. I liked it when I drove it, though I dont think I could get used to the CVT tranny as I opted for the 5 speed.
    I've had my Mirage G4 for about a month now and am loving it. Great gas mileage (40+ mpg) and plenty of room for my three kids to hall around town.
    More update to follow, I supposed.

Signed,
    Joe
    Happy Mits Mir Owner

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChAEko For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-22-2019),itschad (06-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Welcome to the site!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChAEko View Post
    Hello All,
    This is officially my first Mitsu that I have owned. My first car was a 1995 Mistu Mirage coupe automatic
    My parents went back to Mitsubishi as they now have a 16 Mirage.
    Happy travels in your new Mirage Joe, I have a 2014 Mirage myself, 5 speed manual hatch, and I have enjoyed it for over 5 years of ownership.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Hello All,
    My parents went back to Mitsubishi as they now have a 16 Mirage. I liked it when I drove it, though I dont think I could get used to the CVT tranny as I opted for the 5 speed.
    I've had my Mirage G4 for about a month now and am loving it. Great gas mileage (40+ mpg) and plenty of room for my three kids to hall around town.

Signed,
    Joe
    Happy Mits Mir Owner
    Joe - Good to hear that you are loving your new G4! Welcome!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Signed,
    Joe
    Happy Mits Mir Owner
    Enjoy my dear fellow.

My second Mitsubishi. In 2010 I had a Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 manual 5 door hatch. Great car, after 10 years away from the brand I'm back with a Mitsubishi Mirage. So far, after 48 hours, I love it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Enjoy my dear fellow.

My second Mitsubishi. In 2010 I had a Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 manual 5 door hatch. Great car, after 10 years away from the brand I'm back with a Mitsubishi Mirage. So far, after 48 hours, I love it.
    That's a common theme on this forum. Many current Mirage owners had a somewhat positive Mitsubishi experience in their past. When my daughters were very young, our family vehicle was a 1989 Plymouth Colt DL 4-door Wagon. Everything about that car was Mitsubishi, except for the chrome plates indicating it was Plymouth Colt. It served our family well until we sold it to my brother-in-law/sister-in-law. They went on to use it for a number of years beyond that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's a common theme on this forum. Many current Mirage owners had a somewhat positive Mitsubishi experience in their past. When my daughters were very young, our family vehicle was a 1989 Plymouth Colt DL 4-door Wagon. Everything about that car was Mitsubishi, except for the chrome plates indicating it was Plymouth Colt. It served our family well until we sold it to my brother-in-law/sister-in-law. They went on to use it for a number of years beyond that.
    I am from the opposite camp. I hated Mitsubishis until I bought my Mirage. Every one I had encountered seemed to have a transmission problem and/or a smoky, noisy engine. "Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick..." It seemed like the piston rings were made from old beer cans and every engine had it's lifters installed upside down or something.

What I did like were Geo Metros. A cheap, simple, reliable, three-cylinder hatchback with a manual transmission and 40+ mpg. I have had about half a dozen of them over the years, and almost bought one new when I was about 19 or 20 in 1994.

What sold me on the Mirage...despite the fact that it was a Mitsubishi...was that it was essentially a Geo Metro I could buy new today.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Welcome

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    When I was in highschool 95-99' Mitsubishi were popular. My good pal had a Montero that lived forever. He inherited it at 175k miles and sold it for $400 70k miles later. Alot of road trips in that big truck. I dated a girl who had a brand new Eclipse, I drove her car everywhere. It was fast, stylish, had that Mitsu candy red paint job, loved that car. She totalled it of course. My closest my friend from college had a Plymouth Laser (Mitsu rebadge) from the 80s that refused to die. The reliability was never in question to me, but a Mitsu seems to not age as well as a Honda or Toyota in my opinion. The paint, inside paneling, the cosmetics werent as high grade as the other big Japanese manufacturers.