Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Connection

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Thanks for that Mark, funnily I had to go out at 10pm last night and tried the thing again. There was no sound from Google Maps or two other maps apps on my phone. I was just going for the 3.5mm jack when I had a rush of blood, I tried AUX mode on the steering wheel, turned on the radio and one of the AUX modes picked up my phone to give audio through car speakers. Should I receive or make a call, well, Christ only knows what'll happen.
    It will ring and act normally. That is how I stream music or use voice directions from navigation apps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-25-2019)

Thanks for that Mark, funnily I had to go out at 10pm last night and tried the thing again. There was no sound from Google Maps or two other maps apps on my phone. I was just going for the 3.5mm jack when I had a rush of blood, I tried AUX mode on the steering wheel, turned on the radio and one of the AUX modes picked up my phone to give audio through car speakers. Should I receive or make a call, well, Christ only knows what'll happen.
    Do you not have a usb port hanging inside the top of your glovebox or does it have one next to the heated seat buttons? I thought they all had one somewhere?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Do you not have a usb port hanging inside the top of your glovebox or does it have one next to the heated seat buttons? I thought they all had one somewhere?
    My 2017 Mirage ES has the usb port hanging in the glovebox, & Bluetooth wasn't standard that year. My steering wheel has nothing added to it (besides air bag & horn). If Bluetooth was added to a base model, the buttons for it are located by the traction control button.

I believe Bluetooth & backup cameras became a standard item in all Mirages in 2018, & I think the usb port was moved to where you said (even if you don't have heated seats) at that time, too. A/C has always been standard here. With the addition of cruise becoming standard in 2019, the base model isn't all that basic in my opinion.

Inuvik mentioned being able to buy a new 5 speed Mirage for $11,000 OTD recently. That's not a stripped down car in our market by any means.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-25-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yes it has it in the glove compartment, a bloody silly place to put but handy for the phone as there's a ledge directly above.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes it has it in the glove compartment, a bloody silly place to put but handy for the phone as there's a ledge directly above.
    In american we dont have that ledge but I guess we have a big steel bar for more safety so I guess it's a good trade off.

I never use the USB in glovebox.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    In american we dont have that ledge but I guess we have a big steel bar for more safety so I guess it's a good trade off.

I never use the USB in glovebox.
    I never used mine until last week. I started loading some of my older CD's on a 32 GB flash drive (should hold about 2,000 songs). It worked great! Something smaller than my pinkie & only costs about $6 easily replaces a large container of CD's I had in my car.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I never used mine until last week. I started loading some of my older CD's on a 32 GB flash drive (should hold about 2,000 songs). It worked great! Something smaller than my pinkie & only costs about $6 easily replaces a large container of CD's I had in my car.
    Yes but a bugger to select a particular song.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes but a bugger to select a particular song.
    Switching CDs while you're driving isn't exactly the safest move either. If you just record songs you like, that may eliminate the need to search?

I remember adding a FM converter from Kmart to my parent's pickup truck's AM radio on the farm, & thinking that was great! Thus, it doesn't take much to impress me sometimes.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Mark;89296]Switching CDs while you're driving isn't exactly the safest move either. If you just record songs you like, that may eliminate the need to search?

Well this is true, I like the concept of music on a USB dongle. Many years ago on an old Daewoo car I put a radio with just a USB port, it was good and it's quite handy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=itschad;89302]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Switching CDs while you're driving isn't exactly the safest move either. If you just record songs you like, that may eliminate the need to search?

Well this is true, I like the concept of music on a USB dongle. Many years ago on an old Daewoo car I put a radio with just a USB port, it was good and it's quite handy.
    I sort of did the USB flash drive/memory stick thing as an experiment. I wanted to see how well it works, how easy it to operate on our simple base level radio systems, & if the quality of sound was there. My conclusion was that it works well. I wouldn't say "it's the greatest thing since sliced bread"! By the way - I've been to town in Missouri that take claim to inventing sliced bread, but we never get off topic here!

My best upgrade is that I will go weeks sometimes & never even turn on the radio. I've come to love "peace & quiet" more. I tend to listen to stuff on longer trips sometimes, when it helps time go by faster.