Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Connection

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Bluetooth Connection

Now 72 hours into Mirage ownership and yesterday tried to connect my Motorola G7 to the car. Jesus Christ, it took ages and umpteen attempts to pair it up only to find when I use either Google Maps, Waze or Here Maps there is no audio. So I connected my 2017 LG phone and that paired straight away. So last night I went for a run using the LG but again no audio, I unpaired the LG and used maps and I have audio. What's going on here. Anybody have a clue?
    It won't pair up my Garmin sat nav either. So frustrating.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Lots of folks have reported the same frustrations with the Bluetooth on these cars. I don't use mine that much and lately have been using the USB port for playing podcasts. But when I do use my Bluetooth, there's often a delay in pausing the audio playback in order to switch to the Bluetooth for messages and announcements. I think it's this delay that makes it appear that the Bluetooth audio isn't working, especially for navigation.

There are several radio options for the Mirage over the years. I have the basic radio - no touchscreen. I'm not sure which radio you have. I'm going to guess you have the basic radio and not a touchscreen model?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-23-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Lots of folks have reported the same frustrations with the Bluetooth on these cars. I don't use mine that much and lately have been using the USB port for playing podcasts. But when I do use my Bluetooth, there's often a delay in pausing the audio playback in order to switch to the Bluetooth for messages and announcements. I think it's this delay that makes it appear that the Bluetooth audio isn't working, especially for navigation.

There are several radio options for the Mirage over the years. I have the basic radio - no touchscreen. I'm not sure which radio you have. I'm going to guess you have the basic radio and not a touchscreen model?
    Thanks Eggman,, Yes, I guess it's the basic radio system, see picture. There's always a trade off irrespective which vehicle you choose. The Fiat Panda's Blue & Me I had always felt decidedly inferior, you just wait for it to go pop. Can't do without a sound bluetooth connection. Is there a phone out there that is compatible with the Mirage?Name:  4b129e938ea7419f9c0c881db6210601.jpg
Views: 3640
Size:  67.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Yeah, lots. My old Samsung works, just I don't use it often. How does it work when placing a phone call or simply playing some audio program? If Bluetooth works for that, then the Bluetooth is working fine and maybe the problems you are experiencing lie elsewhere? Just making guesses here from across the pond.

At least your steering wheel is on the right side of the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-23-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yeah, lots. My old Samsung works, just I don't use it often. How does it work when placing a phone call or simply playing some audio program? If Bluetooth works for that, then the Bluetooth is working fine and maybe the problems you are experiencing lie elsewhere? Just making guesses here from across the pond.

At least your steering wheel is on the right side of the car.
    Yes, Japan has driving on the left so it's easier for them to throw their cars on GB. I have placed a call with bluetooth, I heard it ring and the pick up, (automated answering) so I assumed it worked. It's bloody annoying not having any phone/sat nav paired up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    [QUOTE=itschad;89134 It's bloody annoying not having any phone/sat nav paired up.[/QUOTE]

I have a cheap Motorola Moto G Play cell phone and the basic radio found in the 2017 Mirage ES. Bluetooth wasn't a standard option, but center armrest & Bluetooth were added options to my Mirage. I don't sense an issue with my Bluetooth, but I don't use it a lot. I use Bluetooth for phone calls & Google Maps. If my cell phone Bluetooth is turned on, it seems to happen automatically.

Could you connect your cell phone to the Auxiliary Audio connector (Mini-jack) that is the right of your radio display as a plan B option? Maybe someone else could confirm that would work, because I really don't know? Seems like Google Maps commands would play at least?

I find it nice to be able to talk hands-free, but I could live without Bluetooth. A cell phone can talk to me (especially google maps) directly. Bluetooth allows it to play through my radio system now. That’s not a big “wow” item to me.

I do have some of my music CDs loaded on a USB memory stick, & I just leave that attached to the USB port in the glovebox. That has worked out well.

Sorry, this is a frustration item for you. Seems like it should work better for you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Thanks Eggman,, Yes, I guess it's the basic radio system, see picture. There's always a trade off irrespective which vehicle you choose. The Fiat Panda's Blue & Me I had always felt decidedly inferior, you just wait for it to go pop. Can't do without a sound bluetooth connection. Is there a phone out there that is compatible with the Mirage?Name:  4b129e938ea7419f9c0c881db6210601.jpg
Views: 3640
Size:  67.1 KB
    You need to bring your car in to the dealer asap! The steering wheel is on the wrong side! Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-25-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I didn't want to waste time or money on the factory Bluetooth option after I noticed the 5 second delay on my Outlander GT. I have the base stereo in my 2015 DE and make use of the aux port and a 30$ Bluetooth reciever. I have almost no delay at all and it pairs instantly with any of the 6 different devices I use for audio or navigation. The sound quality is still a million times better than the crappy radio tuner. Even with this head unit I have installed 2 amplifiers and feel the sound quality is better than any factory stereo from American car manufacturers.

In short. Go on Amazon and spend 15$ on a Bluetooth reciever and call it a day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BecauseRaceCar For This Useful Post:

itschad (06-25-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    You need to bring your car in to the dealer asap! The steering wheel is on the wrong side! Lol
    Oh, that's why I've nearly totalled it in 2 days: Nah mate, defo the right side. I do believe when the car was first used in the USA I believe they were right hookers.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I have a cheap Motorola Moto G Play cell phone and the basic radio found in the 2017 Mirage ES. Bluetooth wasn't a standard option, but center armrest & Bluetooth were added options to my Mirage. I don't sense an issue with my Bluetooth, but I don't use it a lot. I use Bluetooth for phone calls & Google Maps. If my cell phone Bluetooth is turned on, it seems to happen automatically.

Could you connect your cell phone to the Auxiliary Audio connector (Mini-jack) that is the right of your radio display as a plan B option? Maybe someone else could confirm that would work, because I really don't know? Seems like Google Maps commands would play at least?

I find it nice to be able to talk hands-free, but I could live without Bluetooth. A cell phone can talk to me (especially google maps) directly. Bluetooth allows it to play through my radio system now. That’s not a big “wow” item to me.

I do have some of my music CDs loaded on a USB memory stick, & I just leave that attached to the USB port in the glovebox. That has worked out well.

Sorry, this is a frustration item for you. Seems like it should work better for you!
    Thanks for that Mark, funnily I had to go out at 10pm last night and tried the thing again. There was no sound from Google Maps or two other maps apps on my phone. I was just going for the 3.5mm jack when I had a rush of blood, I tried AUX mode on the steering wheel, turned on the radio and one of the AUX modes picked up my phone to give audio through car speakers. Should I receive or make a call, well, Christ only knows what'll happen.