Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Moving US HQ to Tennessee to be closer to Nissan US HQ

Mitsubishi Moving US HQ to Tennessee to be closer to Nissan US HQ

Name:  IMG_9185_cc.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  58.0 KB

Mitsubishi Motors North America will move its U.S. headquarters from Southern California (Cypress) to Franklin, Tenn., by the end of the year, joining the North American arm of alliance partner and controlling shareholder Nissan Motor Co. in the Nashville suburb.

[...]

The Japanese automaker has been in Southern California since the mid-1980s, first in Fountain Valley and then in nearby Cypress, where it has about 200 workers.
    Source: AutoNews via Jalopnik

This is somewhat surprising news, considering the number of articles I've been reading latey about instability in the Nissan/Renault/Mitsu alliance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-26-2019),Top_Fuel (06-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It is not politically correct to say we are fleeing high taxes and anti-business climate.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to emdeplam For This Useful Post:

daleWV (11-12-2019),Dirk Diggler (06-27-2019),fc321 (12-05-2019),poorman1 (11-12-2019),Pryme (07-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emdeplam View Post
    It is not politically correct to say we are fleeing high taxes and anti-business climate.
    Just from a business overhead standpoint, California is a difficult place to do business.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emdeplam View Post

Exactly. Look for this trend to continue.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-12-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    Just from a business overhead standpoint, California is a difficult place to do business.
    Since Hollywood has moved many of its production studios, Atlanta has been flooded with Californians that moved here from Los Angeles. Mostly nice people but you do get the few that have to remind you they're from L.A. every 5 mins. As if they expect one to start groveling?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Taxes are sky high in so cal. I know right where the mitsu headquarters are, I used to live in Cypress. So cal weather is second to none though that's for sure.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Taxes are sky high in so cal. I know right where the mitsu headquarters are, I used to live in Cypress. So cal weather is second to none though that's for sure.

Seems like in California your either filthy rich or subsidized poor. I went out there to visit a friend in LA, couldnt believe how expensive things are! I guess thats why there middle class is flocking out in droves.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

fc321 (12-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    This is somewhat surprising news, considering the number of articles I've been reading lately about instability in the Nissan/Renault/Mitsu alliance.
    Renault is obviously using Nissan to have a presence in the U.S. market. If Renault came to the U.S. alone, I predict it would be as successful as Fiat's attempt to do that.

Fiat only sold 5,370 500s in the U.S. last year. How many dealerships can that number support? It's not like they have a Ford F-150 vehicle that will carry them through most anything. Without the popularity of the Dodge Ram would Chrysler even exist today?

I have never read or heard it said that, Fiat has improved the quality & imagine of Chrysler. I would say the same about the Renault/Nissan merger.

The 2020 Mirage remaining relatively unchanged is a good news in my mind, and that feeling goes way beyond the Mirage itself. If Mitsubishi loses it identity with this merger, my money would surely go elsewhere in the future.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Name:  IMG_9185_cc.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  58.0 KB

Source: AutoNews via Jalopnik

This is somewhat surprising news, considering the number of articles I've been reading latey about instability in the Nissan/Renault/Mitsu alliance.
    I have no opinion on where the Mitsubishi U.S. headquarter is located. I doubt it changes anyone opinion of Mitsubishi as a company, too.

I will share what would trip my trigger, however! Mitsubishi opening a new plant to build their Triton (L200) small pickup truck here in the U.S. That would help put Mitsubishi back on the road map in the United States. That would really create the press coverage that Mitsubishi so badly needs.

Don't misquote me here! I am just sharing a dream for Mitsubishi's future in the U.S. Reality is something else.

Who wants to read about mergers gone bad & headquarters being moved? How does that help a company's image?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (11-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Me thinks relocating to be closer to your flailing "alliance partner" might not have been a good business move.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/12/cars/...ort/index.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)