Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulled the trigger on a 2019 5spd

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Pulled the trigger on a 2019 5spd

Hello All,

First new car in 35 years.
    Have been reading about the Mirage for about a year. With the addition of cruise control, I jumped.
    My first exposure to Mitsubishi was a 1972 Dodge Colt Wagon my Uncle owned. What a car. My first Japanese car was a used(60k miles)1976 RWD Dodge Colt. All Mitsubishi. Greatest little car.
    Family over the decades have owned numerous Colts/Summits.
    Being well aware of the quality and reliability of Mitsubishi made this purchase a no- brainer.
    Have most recently owned Isuzu 48 hp and 58 hp car and truck diesels make the Mirages 78 hp feel like a hotrod.
    Drove off lot 6/21 with 22 miles on ODO, one week week later 6/28, heading into work with 300 miles showing.
    Topped off tank at 141 miles, calculated 40.2 mpg in city driving.
    Loving the Mirage.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bristol For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-28-2019),fc321 (06-30-2019),itschad (06-28-2019),MetroMPG (06-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Welcome aboard. My '15 5-speed, also bought new, just rolled over 121,000 miles. No problems at all save for consumable parts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome. The cruise is probably more important to me than the backup camera as far as additions go. Enjoy your new car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.8 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello Bristol and welcome to the forum. Today's Mirage is a far cry from the 70s imports, more reliable and a just few more features. Looks like you'll enjoy this one for a long time.

You've been reading about the Mirage for a year and still bought one? But they're so bad.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
    Hello All,

Have been reading about the Mirage for about a year. With the addition of cruise control, I jumped.
    My first exposure to Mitsubishi was a 1972 Dodge Colt Wagon my Uncle owned. What a car. My first Japanese car was a used(60k miles)1976 RWD Dodge Colt. All Mitsubishi. Greatest little car.
    Being well aware of the quality and reliability of Mitsubishi made this purchase a no- brainer.
    Have most recently owned Isuzu 48 hp and 58 hp car and truck diesels make the Mirages 78 hp feel like a hotrod.
    Drove off lot 6/21 with 22 miles on ODO, one week week later 6/28, heading into work with 300 miles showing.
    Loving the Mirage.
    Welcome brother! Did you try out the CVT?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did try the CVT. Could have lived with it, but have always been a manual guy.
    Back in the day, with the early(70s) model Japanese cars, the automatics robbed too much power from the engines. Manuals, then, got better fuel mileage also.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bristol For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-28-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I did try the CVT. Could have lived with it, but have always been a manual guy.
    Back in the day, with the early(70s) model Japanese cars, the automatics robbed too much power from the engines. Manuals, then, got better fuel mileage also.
    I understand completely. The manual feels great when I tested it, but my fiancee was adamant we both own automatics in case she ever had to drive my car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In addition to the low maintenance, driveability, and fuel mileage potential of the manual, it is my belief is that it is less likely to be stolen because fewer people, nowadays, now how to drive a stick.
    My old import trucks were so rough looking, also with stickshifts, that I could leave them parked along the river while I fished without having to worry about people messing with them. At least without up to date tetanus shots.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Hello All,

Loving the Mirage.
    And well done that man, on my second Mitsubishi which is the Mirage Juro. My first was a Mitsubishi Colt.

Name:  mitsubishi-colt-2011-612l.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  57.7 KB

The way Mitsubishi market their cars (using different names in some countries) I think this will be different to the U.S. Colts
    Enjoy your Mirage Bristol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-30-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    And well done that man, on my second Mitsubishi which is the Mirage Juro. My first was a Mitsubishi Colt.

Name:  mitsubishi-colt-2011-612l.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  57.7 KB

The way Mitsubishi market their cars (using different names in some countries) I think this will be different to the U.S. Colts
    Enjoy your Mirage Bristol.
    Chad, your Colt looks really cool. I wish they were still an option and available to the US market. How many miles did you put on your Colt?