Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi bringing back the Lancer EVO!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Mitsubishi bringing back the Lancer EVO!

Lancer EVO is coming back! Could this be a sign that sales are so strong that their halo car is being redesigned and reintroduced? Im sure Nissan has a hand in this, with the Mitsubishi HQ move to Chattanooga. Its also rumored the EVO will come in sedan and hatch form? Could this be the end of the Mirage if the Lancer's combined mpg is in the low 30s? Man, I hope not.

Maybe it'll be available with only a cvt with nissan programming?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Maybe it'll be available with only a cvt with nissan programming?
    Yeesh! Dont say that lol. Im sure Mitsubishi will have full operational control over their halo car. I heard its getting a French engine though. That's going to hurt sales in the US in my opinion.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Its also rumored the EVO will come in sedan and hatch form? Could this be the end of the Mirage if the Lancer's combined mpg is in the low 30s? Man, I hope not.
    Hey DirkDiggler I would like to learn more about this new EVO, do you have a link? I want the details.

When I bought my Mirage in 2014, I had to wait a few weeks for delivery of my new car... since I wanted a bare-bones Mirage, and the dealer wanted to sell me a loaded model. None in stock of course. So I waited and waited for 3 weeks.

The Saturday morning I picked up my Mirage, an EVO was in the same shipment, and random buddy picked up his EVO same day as me. What an impressive car! Except I think it was automatic blech

My Mirage looked kinda wimpy next to his EVO lol! Of course they were the same colour, dark grey, so it was a funny thing.
    Last edited by dspace9; 06-28-2019 at 01:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I couldn't find anything confirming it's being built. Just maybe's.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-28-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hey DirkDiggler I would like to learn more about this new EVO, do you have a link? I want the details.

When I bought my Mirage in 2014, I had to wait a few weeks for delivery of my new car... since I wanted a bare-bones Mirage, and the dealer wanted to sell me a loaded model. None in stock of course. So I waited and waited for 3 weeks.

The Saturday morning I picked up my Mirage, an EVO was in the same shipment, and random buddy picked up his EVO same day as me. What an impressive car! Except I think it was automatic blech

My Mirage looked kinda wimpy next to his EVO lol! Of course they were the same colour, dark grey, so it was a funny thing.
    Motor1 UK: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rumored To Return With 341 HP.
    https://uk.motor1.com/news/356887/mi...rn-rumour/amp/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-28-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Motor1 UK: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rumored To Return With 341 HP.
    https://uk.motor1.com/news/356887/mi...rn-rumour/amp/
    Interesting, thanks. I feel rumour mill as likely as fact with this one. The new EVO 11 is apparently based on the Renault Megane RS Trophy-R car's drive train. And the Renault is the fastest, or one of the fastest.. front-wheel drive cars currently in production.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Interesting, thanks. I feel rumour mill as likely as fact with this one. The new EVO 11 is apparently based on the Renault Megane RS Trophy-R car's drive train. And the Renault is the fastest, or one of the fastest.. front-wheel drive cars currently in production.
    Yeah, the more I think about the less thrilled I am about the EVO. Renault designed engine? With their bad reputation for reliabilty? I would want a Japanese designed drivetrain, everything thing else chasis, body frame, interior etc. can be Renault, but the engine? Not for me, and I hope Im wrong truly. We need Nissan, Renault, Mitsubishi everybody to do well for parts sake lol.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-28-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mitsubishi everybody to do well for parts sake lol.
    Buying a brand new Mitsubishi has the exact same problem as buying a brand new Maserati sedan, they are both expensive parts wise, and the cars have a higher-than-average depreciation value.

They say new Masarati Ghibli sedan, you can tell it's spare Dodge interior parts. Not sure if that is true.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Buying a brand new Mitsubishi has the exact same problem as buying a brand new Maserati sedan, they are both expensive parts wise, and the cars have a higher-than-average depreciation value.

They say new Masarati Ghibli sedan, you can tell it's spare Dodge interior parts. Not sure if that is true.
    We both have older Mirages so are parts more expensive? I thought one of the main selling points of this car was cheap to maintain? This is a first for me, hearing Mitsubishi parts are expensive. Disheartening truly.