Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Everyone!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacestarGermany View Post
    I have since looked around and it appears that it does not come with the spoiler.... so i'm hoping i can find one and install it myself... and get it done cheaply, i think it really adds to the look of the car.

and thanks all!
    if you happen to know of a good German parts dealer that would be great! back to google to search now!
    How in the hell does Germany not get a spoiler? If ever there was a market to try and put your very best product out there, Germany would be it. Still though, there is just too many great home brands there. No spoiler for biggest economy in Europe? Unbelievable.

Belated welcome to the forum!

What other car(s) did you consider? Most of the reviews I saw that compared the Mirage against the VW Up preferred the Up. (But I'm not even sure if it's still available.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How in the hell does Germany not get a spoiler? If ever there was a market to try and put your very best product out there, Germany would be it. Still though, there is just too many great home brands there. No spoiler for biggest economy in Europe? Unbelievable.
    I am English but live in Germany. Just bought exactly the same car as our OP in this thread. There is a segment of the German public who really don't give a **** about cars and the literal cheapest box on wheels wins. Most lower end cars here have a base model that I **** you not doesn't have a radio. No electric windows even in the front, no climate control, just the minimum a car can be.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinfandel View Post
    I am English but live in Germany. Just bought exactly the same car as our OP in this thread. There is a segment of the German public who really don't give a **** about cars and the literal cheapest box on wheels wins. Most lower end cars here have a base model that I **** you not doesn't have a radio. No electric windows even in the front, no climate control, just the minimum a car can be.
    It was very weird for me to se these base models with nothing on them as you stated, no radio, even AC is an option, weird for an American!
    I did not look at VW's, in my area they are WAY overpriced, before I left the states i was looking at a Tiguan, here it is almost twice the price.
    Also, I ended up with what is called over here the "Active" (aktiv) version, AC, nicer radio, floor mats, (yes they are not included on some models) i got the DRL, a bunch of chrome trim inside and out, and electric windows for the front.... i have had it for about 2 weeks now and the fuel mileage is incredible! i drive about 15 miles one way to work, uphill into the Black Forest i get a little over 50 mpg, less if the AC is on of course, and on the way home.... almost all downhill, i get close to 75 mpg. Maybe that will improve with a spoiler... but at this point i think the car look great without it.
    Now to search for some nice rims and snow tires, as they are required!

thanks all for the info!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I have black 10 spoke rims by ICW Racing and I love them. Currently running 195/55/15’s, but could’ve went with 195/45/16’s (same overall height) but with the rear beam suspension and road potholes I decide to keep the wheels a bit more fluffy. Be careful of the rim offset or the rears will rub with passengers in back. Enjoy!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    In Germany the simple model does not have a spoiler, nor a luggage compartment lid.

The OEM spoiler is made in Taiwan, and from Taiwan is where you can buy it, already painted in your colour at less than half of Mitsubishi price.

The original hub caps are an economy feature, because they reduce turbulences as opposed to steel rims or aluminium wheels.

For my winter tyres I bought a set of new steel rims directly from the factory. Do some Internet search and you will find. The probably best winter tyres in Europe are from Nokian. If you are just in the Rhine Valley all-season tyres should be good enough, if you need to go up the Schwarzwald or Feldberg, winter tyres could be better.
    Last edited by foama; 07-21-2019 at 06:44 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    In Germany the simple model does not have a spoiler, nor a luggage compartment lid.

The OEM spoiler is made in Taiwan, and from Taiwan is where you can buy it, already painted in your colour at less than half of Mitsubishi price.

The original hub caps are an economy feature, because they reduce turbulences as opposed to steel rims or aluminium wheels.

For my winter tyres I bought a set of new steel rims directly from the factory. Do some Internet search and you will find. The probably best winter tyres in Europe are from Nokian. If you are just in the Rhine Valley all-season tyres should be good enough, if you need to go up the Schwarzwald or Feldberg, winter tyres could be better.
    thanks for the info!
    if you have links i would love that! also i was just looking at the Nokian tires, because i work in the Schwarzwald and will most likely need a good winter tire! I priced some rims at my local place, but that was a bit steep with continental and dunlop tires.... if i could find some cheap steel rims i would just put the new wintereifen on those and get some cool looking hub caps! lol

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    @ spacestarGermany: You have a private message!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    @ spacestarGermany: You have a private message!
    Hey! That's awesome! Thank you very much!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    A belated Welcome to the forum spacestarGermany. In the UK now there are just two models available, the 3 and the 4. Both get a/c and all other "goodies". I have a 2017 Juro model that was dropped in 2018 that came with everything. Back in 2010 I had a Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 Cleartec and in 2015 I looked at the Mirage with a view to buy, (ended up with a Seat Mii then a Volkswagen up!) then they had the 1 spec model, 2,3 and Attivo. The 1 model was very basic but did come with electric windows and you got a radio/cd and that's your lot. The spoiler was designed to improve air flow thus aiding economy.
    I have no idea why Mitsubishi keep buggering about with the range line up.
    I hope you enjoy your car as much as I/we do.
    Incidentally where in the UK were you from?