Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Everyone!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks

Hey Everyone!

Hi!
    I am the proud new owner of a 2019 Mirage Base model.... i think its called an Active here in Germany ..... just needed a good car for back and forth to work. The price on these things over here is really cheap! I borrowed my father in laws a while back for about a month.... and now that I need another car... everything sort of fuel into place... so went and bought one last night! I pick it up this coming Friday night... the only thing I don't know is if it has the rear roof spoiler and what to do with the ugly hubcap covers it comes with. I was thinking some nice black rims... any suggestions?

great to be here!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to spacestarGermany For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-29-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacestarGermany View Post
    Hi!
    I am the proud new owner of a 2019 Mirage Base model.... i think its called an Active here in Germany ....!
    Welcome spacestarGermany.

Take a look at the FAST brand rims. Not sure if they ship to Europe though. https://www.fastwheels.ca/

How much is the gas (petro) over in Germany?

Enjoy your base 2019 Mirage and congrats! I have enjoyed my own 2014 for 5+ years of ownership.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Welcome spacestarGermany.

Take a look at the FAST brand rims. Not sure if they ship to Europe though. https://www.fastwheels.ca/

How much is the gas (petro) over in Germany?

Enjoy your base 2019 Mirage and congrats! I have enjoyed my own 2014 for 5+ years of ownership.
    Thanks for the welcome! Fuel here is about 4 times what i paid in the US... 3 years ago anway. Right now it's about $5.50 per gallon.... taking into account the Euro conversion and liters to gallons... i think that's probably about 4 times what you pay? it's expensive! but this is why there are so many small cars here! lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spacestarGermany For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-29-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome! Fuel here is about 4 times what i paid in the US... 3 years ago anway. Right now it's about $5.50 per gallon.... taking into account the Euro conversion and liters to gallons... i think that's probably about 4 times what you pay? it's expensive! but this is why there are so many small cars here! lol
    It's $2.63 a US gallon across the border in the USA, according to the gasbuddy website. Here in small town Ontario, Shell is around $1.29 lately 1 Canadian litre.

So, your $5.50 per gallon in Germany is two and 3/8 or so more money than the gas prices in the US according to your conversion there.
    Expensive indeed!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Hello spacestarGermany and welcome to the forum.

Those are the features that make the Mirage (Space Star) really shine - affordable to purchase, economical to operate, and reliable.

Here's to many years of use.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Hi!
    I am the proud new owner of a 2019 Mirage Base model.... i think its called an Active here in Germany ..... just needed a good car for back and forth to work. The price on these things over here is really cheap! I borrowed my father in laws a while back for about a month.... and now that I need another car... everything sort of fuel into place... so went and bought one last night! I pick it up this coming Friday night... the only thing I don't know is if it has the rear roof spoiler and what to do with the ugly hubcap covers it comes with. I was thinking some nice black rims... any suggestions?

great to be here!!
    Every Mirage hatch comes with the rear spoiler I believe?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Every Mirage hatch comes with the rear spoiler I believe?
    Good point. I seem to recall some lower trims overseas didn't get the Patented rear spoiler.

Yes, it's patented.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Good point. I seem to recall some lower trims overseas didn't get the Patented rear spoiler.

Yes, it's patented.
    I have since looked around and it appears that it does not come with the spoiler.... so i'm hoping i can find one and install it myself... and get it done cheaply, i think it really adds to the look of the car.

and thanks all!
    if you happen to know of a good German parts dealer that would be great! back to google to search now!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have since looked around and it appears that it does not come with the spoiler.... so i'm hoping i can find one and install it myself... and get it done cheaply, i think it really adds to the look of the car.

and thanks all!
    if you happen to know of a good German parts dealer that would be great! back to google to search now!
    Hey spacestarGermany, google this URL, https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/

The store is out of Florida. I bet they have a spoiler there. Not sure if they ship to Europe. Another one I have seen is http://www.car-part.com/. That's more like a used market database.

Anyway those stores may come in handy for you. I haven't actually ordered anything online for my 2014 Mirage myself. I just like to know my options, and paid attention to what other Mirage Forum members have talked about.

I would keep paint colour matching in mind with a spoiler upgrade.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't forget Asian online stores. They sometimes have crazy good deals.

The thing is most of the active forum members are from North America, and we all got the spoiler so there's not much reason for us to look for one. I would suggest looking for a salvaged unit, but they may be rare there too.