Thread: Cosmetic damage

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cosmetic damage

I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES w/CVT that has cosmetic damage. My driver door shuts fully, but is banged up. My front bumper has bitten a few deer on my daily commute, and my driver-side headlight is off-center. On top of that, my ex smashed in my rear hatch and that also looks horrendous. Mechanically, my car runs just fine, but I hate looking at it. Where can I find replacements for the driver door, hatch, front bumper, etc? This car only has 130,000 miles on it, and I plan to drive it to 250,000 before I even consider junking it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerica1776 View Post
    I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES w/CVT that has cosmetic damage. My driver door shuts fully, but is banged up. My front bumper has bitten a few deer on my daily commute, and my driver-side headlight is off-center. On top of that, my ex smashed in my rear hatch and that also looks horrendous. Mechanically, my car runs just fine, but I hate looking at it. Where can I find replacements for the driver door, hatch, front bumper, etc? This car only has 130,000 miles on it, and I plan to drive it to 250,000 before I even consider junking it.
    That may be tough. I suspect you will have to do these repairs piecemeal, as these cars are a little tougher to find in wrecking yards than a Corolla or a Civic. I would suggest looking on sites like carpart.com, or perhaps on Craigslist or OfferUp. I have found a few people parting out late model Mirages in my area using these two sites. Also, keep an eye on the local Pick-And-Pull's site. Late-model Mirages end up at these yards sometimes.

https://www.picknpull.com/check_inve...=&Distance=100

I can tell you that replacing doors is pretty easy. When my Mirage was a little over a year old somebody backed into the rear passenger side door in a parking lot. Here is how to replace one.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...oor-with-pics!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAmerica1776 View Post
    Where can I find replacements for the driver door, hatch, front bumper, etc? This car only has 130,000 miles on it, and I plan to drive it to 250,000 before I even consider junking it.
    Take a look at Mitsubishi Parts now, I haven't bought anything off this online store, but someone on the Forum I was chatting to did, and had good luck. Could be an option, an expensive one, for cosmetic damage part replacement.

https://www.mitsubishipartsnow.com/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Barlow auto wreckers in Washington has a get bumper. Google it. They show as having a few hatches too. Not sure about red though.
    There are 2 red hatched in b.c though. One in Aldergrove and one in abbotsford at pro auto recyclers.
    Look it up on car-part.com bumpers and hoods are 14-15 only and 17-19 only.hatches and headlights are the same. Except hid”

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Headlight off center or the bulb inside got jumbled around? Because if the latter, bulbs are a cinch to replace.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-30-2019)