Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More pictures & things I like and things I don't about my Mirage.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Gorgeous color on that Mirage! Your wheels look sharp as hell as well. Shifter knob looks well made as well as your spare tire kit, although its criminal they didnt include it in your purchase. Does the red jack fit snuggly under your seat? Thats where its supposed to lock in.
    Hi Dirk, I haven't bothered trying the jack under the seat as it's not a genuine Mitsubishi jack, it sits in the spacer between the spare wheel and boot mat. The wheels do set it off quite well I think. It's quite difficult now to buy a car with a spare wheel as standard, which I hate. The gear lever I believe, over here at least, is standard, I'm sorry folks but I'm just not a fan of automatic transmissions,
    only ever had one and that was a 1999 Mercedes 240 Elegance, that was proper auto, not the CVT type.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The red eco penality light is alarming, it could potentially distract a driver. Thats the only negative on the Juro in my opinion. Everything else is fantastic. Small car enthusiasts in Europe get better options and trims on sub compacts than here in the states. Im green with envy lol.
    You're right, that red light can be a distraction, you cannot avoid getting it, acceleration and uphill driving of course you're going to get a red light, can't be helped.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    Interesting, my '19 says "good job!" with the green Eco light, but there's no punishing red light if you hit the gas too hard.

All US cars get a touchscreen radio thanks to the government requiring backup cameras on everything. It's ridiculous on a car this small. I'd rather have a basic radio like yours, honestly.

Hey, that "stupid height adjustment wheel" is a fancy feature very few Mirages got until recently.

Your shift knob looks fancy. I've never seen one like that, maybe because you can only get the base model with a manual here.

I see your start/stop button is on the right side of the wheel. I wonder why ours is on the wrong side? Mitsubishi could have saved themselves an extra part number by putting all the start buttons on one side of the wheel.
    I'm amazed that you don't like the touch screen , does it have Apple Car Play & Android Auto? I haven't seen the interior of a US specced Mirage, I may have a look. The seat height adjuster should be a proper lever (too much to hope for electric adjustment in a Mirage) not a wheel that's difficult to adjust.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Hi Dirk, I haven't bothered trying the jack under the seat as it's not a genuine Mitsubishi jack, it sits in the spacer between the spare wheel and boot mat. The wheels do set it off quite well I think. It's quite difficult now to buy a car with a spare wheel as standard, which I hate. The gear lever I believe, over here at least, is standard, I'm sorry folks but I'm just not a fan of automatic transmissions,
    only ever had one and that was a 1999 Mercedes 240 Elegance, that was proper auto, not the CVT type.
    I was skeptical about the CVT7 in my Mirage being durable, but after reading Fummin's analysis on the Mirage delivery fleet his works on, Im convinced with proper maintenance I can get 175k miles out of my CVT7. Doesnt quite give one the piece of mind that a 5speed does in terms of durability.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    I'm amazed that you don't like the touch screen , does it have Apple Car Play & Android Auto? I haven't seen the interior of a US specced Mirage, I may have a look. The seat height adjuster should be a proper lever (too much to hope for electric adjustment in a Mirage) not a wheel that's difficult to adjust.
    An Android Auto/Apple Car Play unit is available on higher trim levels, but the base touchscreen radio does exactly what it says on the label. It's a radio, with a touchscreen. It's not that bad as far as touchscreen units go, since it does have an actual volume knob and some buttons, but I'd rather have physical buttons for everything.

I do agree that a wheel is a poor way to adjust seat height, but I was just pointing out that earlier model years got no adjustment at all.

This is my base (ES) US-spec '19 interior:

Your leather wheel and shift knob look a lot classier, but I have a weird preference for base-model urethane. I like how it slowly gets polished to a smooth shine over a hundred thousand miles or two. I used to have a Metro whose shift knob had a quarter million miles of hand-polishing. You could hardly read the shift pattern stamped in the top anymore, but it was smooth.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    An Android Auto/Apple Car Play unit is available on higher trim levels, but the base touchscreen radio does exactly what it says on the label. It's a radio, with a touchscreen. It's not that bad as far as touchscreen units go, since it does have an actual volume knob and some buttons, but I'd rather have physical buttons for everything.

I do agree that a wheel is a poor way to adjust seat height, but I was just pointing out that earlier model years got no adjustment at all.

This is my base (ES) US-spec '19 interior:

Your leather wheel and shift knob look a lot classier, but I have a weird preference for base-model urethane. I like how it slowly gets polished to a smooth shine over a hundred thousand miles or two. I used to have a Metro whose shift knob had a quarter million miles of hand-polishing. You could hardly read the shift pattern stamped in the top anymore, but it was smooth.
    I see what you mean about the radio, can't really see the point of it if it doesn't have Apple/ Android Auto, with that in mind it does look good though. another difference is that there is no ledge above the glove compartment, that's very useful, you have the USB cable in the glove compartment, plug the phone in and place it on the shelf. really strange.
    We have two models here, entry level is a 3 & top spec is a 4. The picture is below is a 2019 base model 3 for comparison.Name:  4e8e0f19b5c4453d8f8f96c019e39ba2.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  75.0 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Speaking of radio - I have a 2017 ES (manual). Backup camera & touch screen radio became standard in 2018 here. I test drove a 2018 & bought a new 2017. Much lower price dazzled me more than gadgets.

Thus, I have the plain radio. I have always found the power button to be somewhat odd. Having to hold it for 2-3 seconds to turn off seemed weird. I now understand the reason for that, however.

I recently downloaded some of my CD's on to a 32 GB flash drive & now I just leave it attached to the USB port in the glovebox. We discussed all this before. I created folders on my flash drive. Each folder represent a music artist or group. When you push in the radio volume knob, it allows you select folders by turning the knob clockwise or counter-clockwise. Thus, the delayed power off volume knob allows you to carry out this feature.

Simple terms -
    Push the button - you can change folders by turning volume knob.
    Push the button & hold - radio unit turns off.
    Push again - radio unit comes back on.

If this has been discussed somewhere else before, I apologize. I just learned something new on my Mirage I guess!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting, my '19 says "good job!" with the green Eco light, but there's no punishing red light if you hit the gas too hard.

All US cars get a touchscreen radio thanks to the government requiring backup cameras on everything. It's ridiculous on a car this small. I'd rather have a basic radio like yours, honestly.

Hey, that "stupid height adjustment wheel" is a fancy feature very few Mirages got until recently.

Your shift knob looks fancy. I've never seen one like that, maybe because you can only get the base model with a manual here.

I see your start/stop button is on the right side of the wheel. I wonder why ours is on the wrong side? Mitsubishi could have saved themselves an extra part number by putting all the start buttons on one side of the wheel.
    Our 17's have the same wheel and shift knob and both are manuals. That's why 17 is the best year for Mirages haha. When I was told they were dropping the se manual for 18 we were prepared to travel to get them luckily only needed to go 270mi and pricing was best in country.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    That's why 17 is the best year for Mirages haha.
    Haha you're probably right! Given the improved suspension and the expanded choices that came with the 17 model year. It's as if the Mirage blossomed in a way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Pryme (07-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Speaking of radio - I have a 2017 ES (manual). Backup camera & touch screen radio became standard in 2018 here. I test drove a 2018 & bought a new 2017. Much lower price dazzled me more than gadgets.

Thus, I have the plain radio. I have always found the power button to be somewhat odd. Having to hold it for 2-3 seconds to turn off seemed weird. I now understand the reason for that, however.

I recently downloaded some of my CD's on to a 32 GB flash drive & now I just leave it attached to the USB port in the glovebox. We discussed all this before. I created folders on my flash drive. Each folder represent a music artist or group. When you push in the radio volume knob, it allows you select folders by turning the knob clockwise or counter-clockwise. Thus, the delayed power off volume knob allows you to carry out this feature.

Simple terms -
    Push the button - you can change folders by turning volume knob.
    Push the button & hold - radio unit turns off.
    Push again - radio unit comes back on.

If this has been discussed somewhere else before, I apologize. I just learned something new on my Mirage I guess!
    I'm a baller so instead of a lil flash drive I use one of my old ipod nanos, just leave it plugged in indefinitely lol