Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: More pictures & things I like and things I don't about my Mirage.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Hey Dirk, mate, no apologies necessary.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Hey Dirk, mate, no apologies necessary.
    Chad, have you seen Dunkirk the film yet? I dont think Ive ever had such an emotional resonance with a film as I had with that one. The common people leaving their shores with their boats at a moments notice to enter a war zone and rescue lives. Theres not many countries, in my humble opinion, that can say they would of or could of done the same. To me, thats the reason there is a "Great" in the title of Great Britain. Sheer unadulterated determination in the face of oblivion and not by trained sailors but regular men who happened to skipper a boat. Its that type of selflessness that is so sorely lacking in todays modern societies. I thoroughly enjoy discussing the history of the English speaking peoples with you.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    I can say I didn't really enjoy Dunkirk, the film, maybe I was expecting too much after all the hype, oh well. Your analysis of the British psyche is just about right. There lies a dogged determination to achieve & overcome. I have seen the devastation of the bombing in London in the late 50's into the 60's. Stories of German planes bombing schools. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombin...st_Road_School

We lost family in Lewisham (South London) from a V 1 doodlebug bomb that destroyed shops and killed alot of people. Determination was increased by the population, fuelled by Churchill just being a normal determined person and the late queen mother, neither ever left London, this followed the Blitz earlier in the war which affected the population to carry on regardless.
    Now London is not the same, a great influx from foreign countries has altered the British way of life because we are too tolerant.
    It is now typical to knock the UK for its colonial past, we were no different to other European countries, namely Spain, France, Portugal, Holland (The Netherlands) Germany and some, the only difference is we were more successful where, even today, influence still exists.
    I am not embarrassed about GB's past, yes, we took but, yes, we gave.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As another member requested I should post more pictures of my Mental Mirage. They are attached but first the
    things I like and the things I don't, so here goes.
    Auto Headlights
    Auto Wipers
    Climate Control
    Oh, The colour
    Keyless entry/starting and electric folding exterior mirrors
    Hello, I'm envious of some of your standard equipment. I recently bought a leftover 2017 Mirage SE with only 38 miles on the odometer. My car came with many nice standard features, but it did not come with Auto Headlights, Auto Wipers, or Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors. Those features would have been great on my car. It's a shame that they are not available here in the US.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    Hello, I'm envious of some of your standard equipment. I recently bought a leftover 2017 Mirage SE with only 38 miles on the odometer. My car came with many nice standard features, but it did not come with Auto Headlights, Auto Wipers, or Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors. Those features would have been great on my car. It's a shame that they are not available here in the US.
    I cannot quite fathom this, is it US main dealers trying to make a few bob? I can't see it Mitsubishi buggering about with standard kit.
    I have to be brutally honest, (it rains quite alot here in the UK) auto wipers are basically a gimmick, Christ, one knows when to turn on the wipers as the lighting too. Folding mirrors are useful though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I cannot quite fathom this, is it US main dealers trying to make a few bob? I can't see it Mitsubishi buggering about with standard kit.
    I have to be brutally honest, (it rains quite alot here in the UK) auto wipers are basically a gimmick, Christ, one knows when to turn on the wipers as the lighting too. Folding mirrors are useful though.
    Point taken regarding the wipers. However, my car has LED driving lights and the instrument lights illuminate at night. Therefore, it's quite possible to be driving down the road at night with no idea that you forgot to turn on your headlights, (which also turns on the clearance and rear lights). I see this occur often. It occurs on cars from other car manufacturers as well. It's scary to be driving at night and come up quickly on one of these cars with no tail lights illuminated. Then you try to make them aware that their lights are off, and they think you are crazy because their instrument lights are on. This is where automatic headlights would come in handy.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Point taken regarding the wipers. However, my car has LED driving lights and the instrument lights illuminate at night. Therefore, it's quite possible to be driving down the road at night with no idea that you forgot to turn on your headlights, (which also turns on the clearance and rear lights). I see this occur often. It occurs on cars from other car manufacturers as well. It's scary to be driving at night and come up quickly on one of these cars with no tail lights illuminated. Then you try to make them aware that their lights are off, and they think you are crazy because their instrument lights are on. This is where automatic headlights would come in handy.
    I drive or use three differently vehicle on a weekly basis. All three are different (day running lights, automatic lights, & manual switch).

I like the simple ON/PARK/OFF switch that turns on the headlights and the dash lights at the same time on the Mirage the most. I especially like the fact that the dash can be read during the daytime without having to be illuminated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I drive or use three differently vehicle on a weekly basis. All three are different (day running lights, automatic lights, & manual switch).

I like the simple ON/PARK/OFF switch that turns on the headlights and the dash lights at the same time on the Mirage the most. I especially like the fact that the dash can be read during the daytime without having to be illuminated.
    I realized that I was missing a key point in my last post. I have since edited my post to include the last part in the next sentence: However, my car has LED driving lights and the instrument lights illuminate at night "with the headlight switch in the off position." . You get the false sense at night that your headlights are on when it's actually just the daytime running lights and instrument panel lights that are on. It has caught me off guard a few times already. I see many other drivers on the road at night with the same scenario. I think it's a bad idea for car makers to allow the instrument panel lights to illuminate without the headlights or parking lights being turned on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I realized that I was missing a key point in my last post. I have since edited my post to include the last part in the next sentence: However, my car has LED driving lights and the instrument lights illuminate at night "with the headlight switch in the off position." . You get the false sense at night that your headlights are on when it's actually just the daytime running lights and instrument panel lights that are on. It has caught me off guard a few times already. I see many other drivers on the road at night with the same scenario. I think it's a bad idea for car makers to allow the instrument panel lights to illuminate without the headlights or parking lights being turned on.
    I get what you are saying. My Subaru Forester has day running lights and the dash is lit up whenever the vehicle is running (regardless of lights being on or off). It may give someone a false sense of your lights being on, but main headlights/rear lights are not on unless you turn them on. The Subaru does have a symbol appear on the dash when the headlights are turned on at least. It's not exactly what you have, but not that different. I see people leaving bright parking lots or gas stations & forgetting to turn on their lights the most.

I prefer the Mirage. The dash & headlights are on or off. When it get dark I don't see the dash well, too. That alone is reminder enough. Simple. I also like the fact that all lights go off when you turn the car off (even if the switch is left on). I've left headlights on in fog conditions. It foggy when your start, but your destination is bright & clear. You park & return to a dead battery. That's not going to happen with the Mirage, & I like that, too.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I get what you are saying. My Subaru Forester has day running lights and the dash is lit up whenever the vehicle is running (regardless of lights being on or off). It may give someone a false sense of your lights being on, but main headlights/rear lights are not on unless you turn them on. The Subaru does have a symbol appear on the dash when the headlights are turned on at least. It's not exactly what you have, but not that different. I see people leaving bright parking lots or gas stations & forgetting to turn on their lights the most.

I prefer the Mirage. The dash & headlights are on or off. When it get dark I don't see the dash well, too. That alone is reminder enough. Simple. I also like the fact that all lights go off when you turn the car off (even if the switch is left on). I've left headlights on in fog conditions. It foggy when your start, but your destination is bright & clear. You park & return to a dead battery. That's not going to happen with the Mirage, & I like that, too.
    I know exactly what you mean regarding the DRL's and lit dashboard lighting during daylight. My previous 3 or 4 vehicles had the dash all lit up during daylight but the Mirage's auto lights system is good, I agree totally but I'm used to manually turning lights on.
    I am getting used it and still as I approach the car I get the keys from my pocket which is unnecessary. This car is growing on me daily, it's the only car I have and my enjoyment of it is high.