Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More pictures & things I like and things I don't about my Mirage.

Country
    UK
    Thanks

More pictures & things I like and things I don't about my Mirage.

As another member requested I should post more pictures of my Mental Mirage. They are attached but first the
    things I like and the things I don't, so here goes.
    Economy, getting 49.83 mpg, actually worked out by gallons & mileage.
    The economy gauge (the green leaves) encourages a smoother drive
    Cruise Control
    Auto Headlights
    Auto Wipers
    Climate Control
    Oh, The colour
    Keyless entry/starting and electric folding exterior mirrors
    Space, especially in the footwell
    Decent size boot (Trunk over there) Let's be a trifle pedantic, one could argue a trunk belongs on an elephant but then again the argument exists that a boot belongs on a foot. It's an over here over there ism.
    Alloy Wheels
    Power, yes yes I know it's not going to pull the skin of a bowl of custard but compared to the VW up! and the Fiat Panda it's acceptable.
    Interior storage space is again acceptable.
    Refined drive, some bloody reviewers slate it, they need a slap, when you consider the cost one can forgive it a lot.
    I just drove 45 miles to my farm (shooting rights) on all sorts of road and it was fine
    Manual Gearbox, more control over that awful CVT, sorry CVT owners.

Things I don't like.
    That bloody red light below the Econometer. that shows you're not driving economically
    The fact there's no spare wheel supplied as standard.
    Prefer the touch screen infotainment unit, had in my Skoda, brilliant.
    That stupid seat height adjustment wheel.
    Some flimsy interior trim, however, the car is built for lightness so forgiven.
    Steering, I just wish to Christ the steering was connected to my car. You have to send it a postcard saying "Hey, I'm turning the steering wheel"
    Not too much else.
    Here's some pictures.Name:  20190701_133848.jpg
Views: 1809
Size:  91.4 KBName:  20190701_133848.jpg
Size:  91.4 KB
    Name:  20190701_133915.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  87.1 KBName:  20190701_133922.jpg
Views: 1846
Size:  92.3 KBName:  20190701_134005.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  91.0 KBName:  20190701_134009.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  95.3 KBName:  20190701_134016.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  87.6 KBName:  20190701_134023.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  88.2 KB

Oh, and this came last Friday. It's in.
    Name:  IMG_20190628_142754.jpg
Views: 3040
Size:  94.3 KB

Last edited by itschad; 07-01-2019 at 04:15 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Adam - UK (07-08-2019),Eggman (07-01-2019),inuvik (07-01-2019),MetroMPG (07-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've heard the steering is worse on the pre-2017 models...but I agree, it feels detached.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    I've heard the steering is worse on the pre-2017 models...but I agree, it feels detached.
    I've not driven the Mk1 version so cannot compare but I've heard similar. What I will say is that if it's an idiosyncrasy of the Mirage, for me, it's not a deal breaker. You just have to be aware and alert.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    I've not driven the Mk1 version so cannot compare but I've heard similar. What I will say is that if it's an idiosyncrasy of the Mirage, for me, it's not a deal breaker. You just have to be aware and alert.
    Try holding your steering wheel by hooking your thumbs on the steering wheel spokes and see if the steering problem is any better or worse.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (07-01-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    I'll try that Eggman, thanks.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You have to send it a postcard saying "Hey, I'm turning the steering wheel"
    Looks like you have the upgraded steering wheel, with leather cladding. Hope so, because I find all the plastic on my 2014 Mirage's steering wheel has on at least 3 different long freeway drives caused a blister on my pinky finger.

I have no cruise control, maybe that is why also. The car has terribly vague steering you grow to be ok with, but you can't feel the wheel where the tires are, like on a an old manual steering VW for example.

By the way older iPods work great on this stereo, or a simple USB stick with mp3 songs and albums. My brand new phone, not so much, the car will charge my phone easy, but not read off the newer design dual SIM/microflash SD card for some reason.
    Last edited by dspace9; 07-02-2019 at 12:34 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (07-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Things I don't like.
    That bloody red light below the Econometer. that shows you're not driving economically
    Interesting, my '19 says "good job!" with the green Eco light, but there's no punishing red light if you hit the gas too hard.

All US cars get a touchscreen radio thanks to the government requiring backup cameras on everything. It's ridiculous on a car this small. I'd rather have a basic radio like yours, honestly.

Hey, that "stupid height adjustment wheel" is a fancy feature very few Mirages got until recently.

Your shift knob looks fancy. I've never seen one like that, maybe because you can only get the base model with a manual here.

I see your start/stop button is on the right side of the wheel. I wonder why ours is on the wrong side? Mitsubishi could have saved themselves an extra part number by putting all the start buttons on one side of the wheel.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

itschad (07-02-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    As another member requested I should post more pictures of my Mental Mirage. They are attached but first the
    things I like and the things I don't, so here goes.
    Economy, getting 49.83 mpg, actually worked out by gallons & mileage.
    The economy gauge (the green leaves) encourages a smoother drive
    Cruise Control
    Auto Headlights
    Auto Wipers
    Climate Control
    Oh, The colour
    Keyless entry/starting and electric folding exterior mirrors
    Space, especially in the footwell
    Decent size boot (Trunk over there) Let's be a trifle pedantic, one could argue a trunk belongs on an elephant but then again the argument exists that a boot belongs on a foot. It's an over here over there ism.
    Alloy Wheels
    Power, yes yes I know it's not going to pull the skin of a bowl of custard but compared to the VW up! and the Fiat Panda it's acceptable.
    Interior storage space is again acceptable.
    Refined drive, some bloody reviewers slate it, they need a slap, when you consider the cost one can forgive it a lot.
    I just drove 45 miles to my farm (shooting rights) on all sorts of road and it was fine
    Manual Gearbox, more control over that awful CVT, sorry CVT owners.

Things I don't like.
    Some flimsy interior trim, however, the car is built for lightness so forgiven.
    Steering, I just wish to Christ the steering was connected to my car. You have to send it a postcard saying "Hey, I'm turning the steering wheel"
    Not too much else.
    Here's some pictures.Name:  20190701_133848.jpg
Size:  91.4 KBName:  20190701_133848.jpg
Size:  91.4 KB
    Name:  20190701_133915.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  87.1 KBName:  20190701_133922.jpg
Views: 1846
Size:  92.3 KBName:  20190701_134005.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  91.0 KBName:  20190701_134009.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  95.3 KBName:  20190701_134016.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  87.6 KBName:  20190701_134023.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  88.2 KB

Oh, and this came last Friday. It's in.
    Name:  IMG_20190628_142754.jpg
Views: 3040
Size:  94.3 KB
    Gorgeous color on that Mirage! Your wheels look sharp as hell as well. Shifter knob looks well made as well as your spare tire kit, although its criminal they didnt include it in your purchase. Does the red jack fit snuggly under your seat? Thats where its supposed to lock in.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

itschad (07-02-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The red eco penality light is alarming, it could potentially distract a driver. Thats the only negative on the Juro in my opinion. Everything else is fantastic. Small car enthusiasts in Europe get better options and trims on sub compacts than here in the states. Im green with envy lol.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Looks like you have the upgraded steering wheel, with leather cladding. Hope so, because I find all the plastic on my 2014 Mirage's steering wheel has on at least 3 different long freeway drives caused a blister on my pinky finger.

I have no cruise control, maybe that is why also. The car has terribly vague steering you grow to be ok with, but you can't feel the wheel where the tires are, like on a an old manual steering VW for example.

By the way older iPods work great on this stereo, or a simple USB stick with mp3 songs and albums. My brand new phone, not so much, the car will charge my phone easy, but not read off the newer design dual SIM/microflash SD card for some reason.
    Yes my wheel is leather covered and can imagine the discomfort of a plastic wheel, I had a VW Move up! a couple of years ago and bought a used leather one from ebay. I know I'll get used to the steering's vagueness eventually. The bluetooth in the car is now fine, it was a bugger to pair all my three phones, took umpteen attempts to pair each one bur eventually all connected and phone calls are clear.
    I do use the USB and find it very useful. It's a good car, probably the last I shall buy before St Peter calls me forth.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-02-2019)